Re: Scolding/lecture bug

by koba_sue

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Can't lecture/train pets

★ Novice

Hi!

I've got the exact same issue: household modified with the household management feature, still can lecture with the original owner, but not with the roommate (shame, since she's the animal lover !).

Message 51 of 66 (1,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having this problem too, but I took a generated sim with a dog from the bin and put him into a house by himself. I had him adopt stray cats first and I noticed that I couldn't discipline them for jumping on the counters. Then I had him adopt stray dogs and the same thing occurs. He can't discipline animals that he hasn't adopted either. He has four dogs and lots of them like to lick or roll in puddles. He can only scold them but not discipline/scold them for bad behavior. The only thing they've been able to learn recently is regular training and how to pee outside.

I have another issue where the animals (cats and dogs) will ignore the rugs with the line over the animal's head. It's like the rug isn't even there. I have one house where I have rugs blocking them from using the stairs, but they go upstairs anyway and rugs that are in front of doors to rooms I want to keep them out of and they still go into those rooms. (locking doors to keep them out doesn't always work or last long). I even have the same rugs upstairs going down the hallway and in front of the doors, but to those cats it's like I didn't even put anything on the floor.

Update: I just went back into my game after doing a repair and the problem is still occurring 

Message 52 of 66 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been having this problem for a while now. It doesn't matter if I got them from the phone or from another household. Sometimes I get lucky and one sim can lecture, but other than that I can't discipline any animal's behavior. (Cat or Dog) This even happens on new saves. My game has been really buggy since seasons and at that time I had no cc or mods. I only use mccc.

Message 53 of 66 (1,599 Views)

★ Novice

I recently adopted a dog, but I can't scold their bad behaviors like drinking from puddles and rolling in pee puddles...

Message 54 of 66 (1,548 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed they can lecture, train, and become companions with pets that are created in CAS if that helps anyone.

Message 55 of 66 (1,467 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have found a work around fix for this bug. I used shift click add to household to add a stray to my household and was unable to lecture him. I went into CAS, saved the household to my library, then put the copy into my current household and delete the extra "copies" of Sims. Just make sure to replace the pet with the "new" one. I am now able to lecture the pet for misbehaving!

Message 56 of 66 (1,424 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm this happens. This is on a 1 month old save so the issue still seems to be there. Only interaction is under mean "Scold" and that's it. Can't train my pets, great.

Message 57 of 66 (1,418 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well. Some of the members of my household can lecture/beg, etc. to train behaviours, but others cannot. I am doing a challenge where I can only control 1 Sim in my household and of course it's the Sim who cannot train the pets. The only option is to "scold" in the mean menu, which isn't what I want to do.

Message 58 of 66 (1,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, but I adopted a stray dog to have a playmate for my CAS created dog. My sim cannot lecture the adopted stray dog. I have no mods or cc in my game.

Message 59 of 66 (1,295 Views)

Re: Scolding/lecture bug

★ Guide

Same problem here. I can train my (in CAS modified) dog but I cannot lecture the dog. My current play is placed in Windenburg and is an old save.
Never recognized this problem before the latest patch in December 2018.

Message 60 of 66 (1,242 Views)