by netelie03

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Can't bill pet owner if owned pets are at clinic

Hero

Added  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 73 (2,531 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok, so I managed to 'fix' my vet clinic... or at least I hope so. I have gone through entire sim week of opening my clinic every day while not leaving the lot (my family lives in the flat above the clinic).

Both my cat and my dog are on premise, but I put my poor doggo under a house arrest... He is only allowed to go to the garden and to the patch of land behind the lot to relief himself, otherwise he is not taken out on the walks. I have also stopped training him, he knew everything that he had to know anyway.

Now that he is not creating 'mini events' by going for walks and training, my billing option no longer disappears.

I am not sure how it will translate to people who play without owning pets (maybe they trigger similar kind of thing with their sims?) or whether it was the hotfix that accidentally fixed something... But it works so until Sims team patches the main cause, I think I should be fine.

I will let you know if I manage to 'break' my clinic again, but right now my vet sim is pregnant so I may not be playing with the clinic itself till past the pesky toddler stage Standard smile

Thanks for all the help and the dog hint! I was ready to give up on vets altogether.

Message 32 of 73 (2,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem, only the money does go into my sims account, but after my sim finishes treating a patient correctly it will not allow my sims to greet another patient, or bill owner, I have to dismiss the patient and receive a lower star rating. No mods or CC at all, game files are clean and fully updated and no corrupted files, also all of my pet bowls disappear after I leave the house or come back I have to buy them again. and the pet  toy bins are always rotated after coming back to my lot after loading screens. I have every game pack except fitness and bowling.   

Message 33 of 73 (2,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I have the same issue, my sim won't bill the owner, not automatically or when i click on the pet and choose "bill the owner". And no they have not already paid, they stay in the clinic and you can't greet another patient unit you have dismissed them. Sometimes it works and then suddenly it stops. I'll try not having my pets in the lot
Message 34 of 73 (2,453 Views)

Re: Can't Bill Pet Owner

★★★ Newbie
Same thing is happening to me. I keep my pets on the vet lot all the time so that might be it but I’ve tried sending them home when the vet is open and I still can’t bill
Message 35 of 73 (2,316 Views)

★ Guide

Having this issue now even though my owned pet isn't at the clinic. 

Message 36 of 73 (2,206 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Xwanton @pandasinchina0@Batbarrel@netelie03

We are trying to repro your issue, but we are having trouble with it. Would any of you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

We could use your help! Standard smile.

Thank you very much!

Message 37 of 73 (2,157 Views)

★ Guide

Hi SimQA_Icarus,

I haven't had the issue occur again since I posted about it, so I don't think sending my save will be useful! I guess it's an intermittent thing. Sorry I can't help out.

Message 38 of 73 (2,097 Views)

★ Novice

I just bought this expansion a few days ago and I too am having this problem.
Closing the clinic and sending all my sims home, saving the game and then closing the game and reopening is the only solution I have found. But it seems to occur at least once  every play session. The main sim cannot bill but can examine and treat. I have to make her husband come into work with her so he can bill the owners. This is the only work around I've found but He has his own job and I don't want him at the vet clinic the whole day just to act as a glorified receptionist. 
I don't run any mods at all, I only have the base game, going to work and cats and dogs. This only started happening after my sims dog had puppies, it was working fine before that. Not sure if it had anything to do with the bug, just something I noticed.

Message 39 of 73 (2,035 Views)

Re: Vet Career no sellery

★★★ Newbie

No i never get money and the patient won't leave

Message 40 of 73 (2,020 Views)