Re: Can't Bill Pet Owner

by BL00DIEDHELL

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Can't Bill Pet Owner

Hero

Hi @bunniesaremagic

I've tried your save and was able to bill just fine. 

Do your customers get the bill icon hovering over their heads at all ?

Did you repair game and delete your cache files (apologies if you stated, currently lots to do :D)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 73 (7,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Hi,
Have you tried treating multiple pets at the time? To me it seems like billing may be glitching around treating pets at the same time, maybe even treating pets from the same household with different 'owners'.
It seems to go away after a load, sometimes, but always returns within working day...
I have the icon above customers' head. There is an option to bill customer on the pet, however it does nothing. No option to bill customer on the customers themselves.
No mods, no CC, repair doesn't fix anything.
Message 12 of 73 (7,701 Views)

Hero

Yes, I hired someone and had 3 treatments going on at the same time (two household members) int he same room. One of the customers even went to have a swim and your Sim still went over to bill him.

I also tried canceling the billing and adding and that also worked without a hitch. Was open all day. 

I'll do some more research on this tomorrow. Seems there's lots of people with this. Maybe someone has a solution or know what's causing it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 73 (7,692 Views)

★ Apprentice

Good to know - I never use employees, just my entire family vetting around though, so maybe that's the difference?

I will try to test different things too, hopefully someone will stumble across the reason soon.

Message 14 of 73 (7,666 Views)

Hero

So, new development on this one.

SynneSol over at the officials found that if you take your own dogs to your clinic and send them home before opening, you can't bill .. which I duplicated

So my questions: Do you guys usually take your animals to work ? I don't know if it also occurs if you just keep them there. Would be great if someone could test that.

@bunniesaremagic @521449741W158 @letshineforever @InformationLake

Also please try if you get issues if you don't bring them along at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 73 (7,653 Views)

★ Apprentice

I keep my entire family on the lot at all times, do not send pets back at any point.

I will try to check going to the clinic without them - not a viable option for my gameplay style, but will let you know if it changes anything.

Message 16 of 73 (7,647 Views)

Hero

Not saying it's not a bug. Just saying that this might be the cause of the issue and why I couldn't duplicate yesterday.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 73 (7,645 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Randomly, impossible to predict
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion/game packs, Toddler, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky and Cool Kitchen stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the vet career.
What happens when the bug occurs? After successfully treating a pet, my active Sim does not autonomously bill the owner. Clicking the pet and choosing "bill owner" does not work either, the interaction drops from the queue.
What do you expect to see? Some Goddamn money.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but I disabled them and the glitch continued.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No
Additional information: This occurs in the EA made clinic in Brindleton Bay, in a brand new, post-installation save. Repairing the game via Origin made no difference. It happens even if just one pet is currently being treated.
HOWEVER. I do take the household pets with me. I keep them there throughout the day rather than sending them home.
My save starts with my entire household at the clinic (closed), so I sent them home and then sent my vet back to it alone. Opened it up, treated the first pet that came in and still no joy. I made a brand new save of one Sim on his own, bought the EA clinic and the first patient was successfully treated and billed!
After being open for 11 hours, my tester Sim saw 6 patients and billed all the owners successfully. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't paranoid about getting the same error again, given how unpredictable its been already (I've had several successful days with household pets on the lot before). But fingers crossed not bringing household pets to the lot helps.

Message 18 of 73 (7,635 Views)

Hero

Could you try playing at home for a while and then open the clinic the next day ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 73 (7,633 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

...Slightly embarrassing, but I accidentally deleted the save like an absolute idiot. Got the wrong one, I'll try that if I can figure out how to restore it.

Message 20 of 73 (7,631 Views)