by letshineforever

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Can't bill pet owner

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Pack besides Glamour Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the vet career.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to earn money after sucessfull treatment of an pet, but i can click only on the pet for the option and nothing happens. The other npc doc can earn money on her own.
What do you expect to see? I should get Money Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 73 (16,615 Views)

Re: Vet Career no sellery

Hero

They should actually get the money automatically. I don't know what the action is for. Normally mine bill the owner right after treatment without me intervening

Are you sure you haven't already gotten the money ? Does your statistics say they earned something or not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 73 (16,487 Views)

[TO TEST] [CD] Can't Bill Pet Owner

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except bowling, spooky, and the digital deluxe version of the Sims 4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Can't figure out/see anything that is common when this issue happens. It has only happened on empty lots that I have started a vet clinic on. Have not experienced it in the pre-built one. I initially believed it was because my Sim autonomously began to play a game or something on their phone because their "fun" meter was in the yellow, but I have filled them up to green and it still happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? This bug is in the veterinary career from the new Sims 4 Cats and Dogs. Sometimes my Sim won't bill the owner on their own, so I click on the pet after treatment and select bill owner. The action then briefly pops up on the interaction bar and then goes away without my Sim billing the owner. I can dismiss the patient, but I won't get paid. I can't re-examine the patient because they have already been treated. I have closed the clinic and opened it back up and it still happens. I have left the lot and come back and it still happens. When it happens and I dismiss the patient, they, of course, don't pay and then the same pet owner comes back but with a different pet. Had one Sim come back 4 types with a different pet each time.
What do you expect to see? Either the sim needs to automatically bill the owner after treatment, or the sim bills the owner when I tell them to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sims 4 Cats and Dogs release. (Was a pre-order)

This bug is in the veterinary career from the new Sims 4 Cats & Dogs. Sometimes my Sim won't bill the owner on their own, so I click on the pet after treatment and select bill owner. The action then briefly pops up on the interaction bar and then goes away without my Sim billing the owner. I can dismiss the patient, but I won't get paid. I can't re-examine the patient because they have already been treated. I have closed the clinic and opened it back up and it still happens. I have left the lot and come back and it still happens. When it happens and I dismiss the patient, they, of course, don't pay and then the same pet owner comes back but with a different pet. Had one Sim come back 4 types with a different pet each time. If I don't dismiss them, they just stand there with the Simoleon symbol above their head and just interact with their pet. Can't figure out/see anything that is common when this issue happens. It has only happened on empty lots that I have started a vet clinic on. Have not experienced it in the pre-built one. I initially believed it was because my Sim autonomously began to play a game or something on their phone because their "fun" meter was in the yellow, but I have filled them up to green and it still happens. In order to stop the issue, I have to exit the main menu and go back into the game. However, if I saved after the glitch, the glitch still happens. When I close the business, the report shows that I lost money so I did not in fact get paid. 

Message 3 of 73 (16,716 Views)

Re: [CD] Can't Bill Pet Owner

★★★ Novice

Okay, update. I did "kind of" found a workaround for this. I had my Sim leave the lot WITHOUT dismissing the patient and when the report came it said that I didn't have any profit and I didn't lose any so it was at $0. My Sim went back to the lot and opened the business back up. The same Sim came back and checked in their animal. I began examining but there was nothing to diagnose so I put a cone of shame on the animal and now I am having no problems. 

Message 4 of 73 (16,670 Views)

★★ Novice

But without having to do a workaround, is there anything to be done to solve this glitch? It makes the expansion pack pretty mundane and useless if you can't bill the customer.

Message 5 of 73 (16,630 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It's not something I have been able to duplicate so far. Are you guys using a pre-patch game or a new one ? 

Are you using the premade clinic or your own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 73 (16,622 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the original vet clinic and one off the gallery. My game automatically updates so it's all very new and un-modded.

Message 7 of 73 (16,616 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Can't Bill Pet Owner

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue, other than with my family it happens 100% of time. I treat an animal, then my sim does not take the payment and when I try to force him to do it, the interaction just diasappears. This, sadly, makes vet clinic 100% unplayable for me.

I do play a custom vet clinic, but it was operating just fine for its first day (around 7 patients) when it suddenly broke.

Tried leaving the lot and coming back, and repairing the game - no luck. Tried waiting for hours for patients to 'fix' themselves - no luck. I just cannot profit off the clinic at all.

No mods / CC (I do not use any at all), I have all SIms packs too. Playing on Windows 7.

Message 8 of 73 (16,578 Views)

Hero

@bunniesaremagic

would you be willing to share your save ? If so, please zip it, upload it somewhere and PM me the link. You can't attach them to posts here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 73 (16,572 Views)

★ Apprentice
Save sent.
Little update on my bug: I bought a Maxis created clinic and was able to bill for tretament again... for a while. Then same as with my lot - it just broke. I tried having just one diagnosis station in both (naybe the ai was confused?) and it worked for a bit till it wasn't anymore. Restarts, repairs and travelling around the world either doesn't workat all or works for 3-4 patients and then we are back to square one.
Message 10 of 73 (16,534 Views)