Re: [OPEN] [CD] [CL] Sim walks in circles if walking dog in San Mushyno

by Kyr0e

Original Post

Re: [CD] [CL] Sim walks in circles if walking dog in San Mushyno

★★★ Novice
@DEXXUS784 I had the same problem with my sim family and their dog yesterday. I clicked to dog with father sim and selected short walk option. And I was playing with mother and doughter sims in the apartment. I thought the dog and the father would come back in a short time ‘cause it’s the short walk option. Hours has passed but they never showed up. When I checked them they were walking in circle in front of a building. They couldn’t come home when the dog was leashed. When I unleash the dog father could go upstairs to the apartment but the dog couldn’t come. I tried with the mother this time. Same thing happened again.
Message 11 of 23 (945 Views)

★ Apprentice
@DEXXUS784 Is there a fix for this yet as it's really inconvenient. I've had to just disable my dog's need decay so I don't have to walk him but I would like to be able to.
Message 12 of 23 (892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's not just San Myshuno, and not just with walking dogs. I've had sims walking on circles in Brindleton Bay (by the area with the little bridge), Britechester (by the bridge again), and I can't remember which other worlds. It's usually an off-and-on bug with umbrellas, and when sims are then reset, they jettison to where they were originally supposed to be. It's been happening for at least a year or two now..

Message 13 of 23 (877 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if it is the same problem but this happens to my Sim with his bike. When going home after visiting the spice marketing he turnes in a circle with his bike. Sometimes the Sim dissapears and only the bike turns in a circle. I have to debug the bike to see the sim again. Then he is able to travel home. He doesn't live in San Mushyno.

Message 14 of 23 (868 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, same problem here. In the spice district trying to walk my dog and they get stuck on the street going in circles for hours and hours, not listening to any commands (to stop the walk or go anywhere). Super annoying.

Message 15 of 23 (840 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem.

Mine started about a week ago. They live in a house in the spice district and they will get caught on the same corner when walking the dog. I've had to restart the game several times to fix the problem. It's really annoying.

Message 16 of 23 (823 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've noticed a very similar problem with passerby sims - they will get stuck and walk in circles like wilderbeasts! If you debug them, they disappear to wherever they were supposed to be going. This seems to be a widespread glitch.

Message 17 of 23 (727 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've experienced the same issue and it is really becoming a problem. First I laughed and thought it was funny, not so anymore. I think I've had the bug for a year now or so.

I have had it with my own sims, with dog or on bicycle, but also with passerby sims with dogs. They will just go on and on in circles for eternity. I only  had this in San Mushyno but would not be surprised if this happens in other maps as well.

PLEASE FIX.

Message 18 of 23 (660 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah it definitely was funny the first time it happened, why I got the video lol. I dunno, debugging works sometimes, otherwise I just have to exit out of the game or go into manage worlds. Hasn't happened in any worlds since. Super annoying. 

Message 19 of 23 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This happens to me when I have my Sim walk their dog in the spice district of San Myshuno. I've seen them walk in circles, but most often mine will walk to the very edge of where they're allowed to go and just stand there frozen. Both the dog and the Sim will be frozen. Canceling the dog walk action doesn't do anything either. Normally I'll go with other Sims, let that Sim and the dog wander off and just focus on the other Sims I brought along. When they travel somewhere else the Sim and the dog are unfrozen.

Message 20 of 23 (573 Views)