by ebarber1991

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] [CL] Sim walks in circles if walking dog in San Mushyno

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Luxury Party and the Star Wars pack. The glitch has so far occured with City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you live in an apartment in San Mushyno, take the dog on a walk.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim gets stuck between the building and a lamppost and walks in circles for hours ignoring all other responsibilities.
What do you expect to see? For the Sim to go out on a walk, and come home whenever the walk is done.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When asking to go on a walk with my sims dog, they end up getting stuck between a building wall and a lamppost, and continuously walking in circles for hours. Forcing the sim to teleport via testingcheats true doesn't work. The Sim will continue walking in circles, even if you cancel the 'walk' interaction with the dog or try to get either of them to go anywhere. The only way to get the glitch to stop is to travel to a different part of the city, or to exit the world entirely. The sim will not go to work either. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Fixed Duplicate template

Message 1 of 23 (4,747 Views)

Re: [CD] [CL] Sim walks in circles if walking dog in San Mushyno

Hero
@DEXXUS784 Which neighborhood is the apartment ? Is this the only one you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (4,711 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's the spice market apartments I believe! I think yes, this is the only one I have had issues with. This is the link to a video of it happening: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E1nfJppWI1QxtfqsSN4_HJ2OWYt61xf4/view?usp=sharing

Message 3 of 23 (4,694 Views)

Hero
@DEXXUS784 That video is set to private.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (4,673 Views)

★★★ Novice

Super sorry, just saw your reply! The video should work now. It's not a huge deal, in terms of the glitch itself, it's just annoying haha. 

Message 5 of 23 (4,617 Views)

Hero
@DEXXUS784 Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (4,600 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've had exactly the same issue. My sims get stuck on that corner, but also further along that street (on the sidewalk next to the Culpepper apartments) while walking the dog.

To fix it, I go to manage worlds and then return. Cancelling the action, telling the sim to go somewhere/do something else, teleporting and resetting the sim doesn't work.

Also, the same problem occurs with bicycles (for example if you are traveling to that neighborhood and you tell your sim to go home, when they try to bike home trough that corner of the neighborhood they get stuck on that corner).

Message 7 of 23 (4,468 Views)

★ Guide

I have this exact problem with my current family the Bheeda’s currently I still have them living in Jasmine Suites in the spice district and whenever I send Jesminder out to walk their dog she goes in circles as does their dog Aslan around the corner of culpepper apartments. I’ve been using the testing cheats to reset them both but then the dog eventually starts whining to go for a walk or to pee again. I haven’t noticed if this happens when Arun walks Aslan as I’ve only had him walk him once and he had to cut it short due to work. 

I plan on moving the family to a new and bigger apartment in San Myshuno and I’m curious if this is happening in other parts of the city or only in the spice district? 

Message 8 of 23 (4,440 Views)

★★★ Novice

For me personally it's just the spice markets, I think? It's just an annoying honestly. 

Message 9 of 23 (4,399 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue in the same corner every time.

Message 10 of 23 (4,326 Views)