[FIXED] [CD] ''Be nice to...'' interaction not working on dogs

by justine_chiro

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] ''Be nice to...'' interaction not working

Community Manager (retired)

Re-naming the dogs to have different last names allows them to be friendly once again. Weird issue though. One of our testers was able to reproduce it using your save @justine_chiro, thanks much! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 44 (2,364 Views)

Re: [CD] ''Be nice to...'' interaction not working

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this would be the same or a separate issue, but I don't have the "Be nice to..." option at all. I've seen it mentioned multiple times and have looked for it in two separate households, none of the pets have the option.

Message 12 of 44 (2,328 Views)

Re: [CD] ''Be nice to...'' interaction not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do they have the same name ? Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 44 (2,325 Views)

Dog doesn't want to be friendly with other dogs

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? do "Be nice to..."
What happens when the bug occurs? absolutely nothing. The dog won't do anything.
What do you expect to see? The dog to go up to the other dog and "be nice" to it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

well, like I said, whenever I want my dog to be nice to another dog, he won't do it. 

I'm not sure if it's a bug so if it's not, please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or why my dog won't be nice to the other dog?

Message 14 of 44 (2,253 Views)

Re: Dog doesn't want to be friendly with other dogs

Hero
@Kimo0wW Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 44 (2,240 Views)

Sims 4 Pets: No option for "Be nice to" or "Encourage breeding with" on any pets

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, Seasons, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household with pets in it, see if you have the option for them to "Be Nice to..." anyone. Have two pets that are friends with the household owner and see if there is an option to "Encourage breeding with..."
What happens when the bug occurs? There is simply neither of these options on any pet.
What do you expect to see? 1. "Be Nice to": A selection window appears for a pet to be nice to a nearby Sim or pet 2. "Encourage breeding with": A selection for a pet to breed with a nearby pet, which will either succeed or fail.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I wrote this on the forums:

"Sims 4 Pets expansion

No pets are able to breed because there is no "Be nice to..." or "Encourage breeding with..." interactions available for any pets.

Even when all requirements are met: enough space is in household, and their relationship with household Sim is high enough, and they are un-neutered and opposite genders. My Sims 4 game has been repaired. There is simply no option on any pet for "Be nice to..." or "Encourage breeding with...". 

This seems to be a common bug for many Pets expansion players and I have seen forum posts on other sites for over a year. Please release a hotfix or patch for this issue. Thanks"

Link to post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-Pets-quot-Be-nice-to-quot-and-quot-Encourage-br...

Message 16 of 44 (2,168 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Pets: No option for "Be nice to" or "Encourage breedin

Hero

HI @adrenalive

I merged your post with existing thread for the be nice.

Are your pets adopted ? There have been reports for the breeding not working in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Sims-Can-t-Lecture-become-companion-for-adopted-Pets/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 44 (2,150 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Pets: No option for "Be nice to" or "Encourage breedin

★★ Novice

EA Support told me to post on both locations.

Yes my pets are adopted, like I said I meet ALL the requirements. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Message 18 of 44 (2,126 Views)

Dogs will not breed (no "be nice to" or "encourage to mate with")

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Adopt two dogs of opposite gender from being strays and attempt to befriend them and breed them.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option for my male and female (Neither neutered) dogs to "be nice to...." or "encourage to mate with." Also, the dogs in my household do not seem to socialize with each other. On restarting the game there is still no social option to encourage my dogs to like each other or for them to mate. I have checked in cas to make sure they are both not neutered and both opposite genders. My sim is friends with all the dogs. Also, my household is not full.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see the "be nice to.." or "encourage to mate with options.

Message 19 of 44 (2,095 Views)

Re: Dogs will not breed (no "be nice to" or "encourage to mate wi

★★★ Newbie

Update: They are interacting, even with hearts so they do like each other. Still no option for being friends or breeding. 

Message 20 of 44 (2,074 Views)