The action "Be nice to..." is not working resulting in Breeding being impossible

by moonshadowlily

Original Post

Re: Dogs will not breed (no "be nice to" or "encourage to mate wi

Hero

@Jemima1223

merged your thread with existing thread.

The mating issue is probably cause of this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Can-t-lecture-train-pets/m-p/6414298 .. was reported there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 44 (2,451 Views)

No 'encourage to breed with' option

★ Novice

So, I have The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs and no custom content or mods. I have a male and female cat (not kittens) and they are not fixed. I am at 100 on the relationship scale with both cats. I've also seen little hearts appear between my 2 cats before (don't know if this matters) but the options for 'encourage to breed with' and 'encourage to be nice to' have NEVER appeared for me. I also only have 3 total sims (1 sims and 2 cats) in the household so there's no way its a max household issue. Is this a bug? I've seen numerous other forums say this could be a bug but these are from 2017 and farther... it's 2019 so I would like to assume the bug is fixed now. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to fix it?

Message 22 of 44 (2,428 Views)

Re: No 'encourage to breed with' option

Hero

Hi @briwhite2211 

I merged your post with the be nice thread we already have.

Not sure about the breeding, think that is connected to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Sims-Can-t-Lecture-become-companion-for-adopted-Pets/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 44 (2,409 Views)

Re: "Be Nice To..." interaction not showing up at all

★★★★ Novice

Is there no solution to this yet? I have the same problem, bought cats and dogs when it released but haven't nearly done anything that came with it because nothing works anyway. 

Message 24 of 44 (2,104 Views)

The action "Be nice to..." is not working resulting in Breeding being impossible

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except the newest.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using the action "Be nice to..." on your your dog.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog will listen to the sim's command but do nothing.
What do you expect to see? When using the action "Be nice to.. " I expect the dog to actually go up to the other dog and do that. When the "Be nice to.. " action isn't possible then the dogs can't breed since they don't get a good relationship with each other and reject the other pet when using the "Encourage pet to breed with..".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have nothing else to add.

Message 25 of 44 (2,118 Views)

Re: The action "Be nice to..." is not working resulting in Breeding be

★ Pro

What's your relationship? Any speech bubbles? There are three different outcomes.

Message 26 of 44 (2,106 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kusurusu I'm both good friends with my dog and with the dog I want my dog to breed with. The speech bubbles show a picture of the dogs and then a red circle over it with a red line going over the dogs. The same bubble shows up every time.
Message 27 of 44 (2,098 Views)

★ Pro
@moonshadowlily Either your dogs don't like each other or there's a routing issue.
Message 28 of 44 (2,092 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kusurusu They probably don't like each other but there is nothing I can do about it since the "Be Nice to..." action isn't working.
Message 29 of 44 (2,096 Views)

Hero
@moonshadowlily Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 44 (2,079 Views)