Re: pet deforming

by SimGuruKuxiku

Original Post

pet deforming

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats& Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know I haven't found a fix
What happens when the bug occurs? Usually when talking to my sim, or if a cat, jumping on the counter. Sometimes just happens while walking around.
What do you expect to see? My cat not turning into an eldritch monstrosity
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started a new game to play a hermit witch and she's got a cat that looks like a possum. This cat has some...unique tendencies.

Should be noted: Does not happen in my other game save file, at least not that I've seen. Also does not happen to any other pets in the witch game. No CC was used to make this possum pet--it was downloaded from the gallery.

Message 61 of 71 (1,558 Views)

Hero
Hi @GalaxyInfinitum

merged your post with the collection thread on animal distortion.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 71 (1,551 Views)

★ Novice

thank you! Hopefully a fix is found soon

Message 63 of 71 (1,510 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!!!

We had a look at this issue but we're struggling so far when trying to reproduce it. If someone who still sees this issue in their game would be willing to share a save file with us, that would be super helpful! Standard smile Here's how you can do that.

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 64 of 71 (1,196 Views)

Sims 4 Deformed Pets/Animation Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the bug appears randomly
What happens when the bug occurs? sims 4 pets stretch and deform when attempting to perform an autonomous action
What do you expect to see? no stretching or deforming
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

I hope that someone would be able to help with this animation/deforming bug. My pets keep stretching without any obvious cause. The glitch is quite frightening for me, but I would really like to play with pets. An 'animation error' exception usually appears, but sometimes other exceptions occur that mention toybox, pet, hug, and etc. I've removed the toybox, and tested each interaction, but wasn't able to reproduce the problem. It happens unexpectedly and randomly. There was even an exception that mentioned a book (or my sims trying to give the dog a book :/ ) .

I'm aware that this is an old issue dating back to 2017, but if anyone has a solution I would appreciate it so much! 

Message 65 of 71 (757 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Deformed Pets/Animation Glitch

Hero
@cozyinn It's fine to use this old thread unless you know exactly which animation they are using so I've merged your post.

Could you upload your LE ? Also make sure to test without mods.

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional info)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 71 (729 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply! I've gone back and attached two screenshots of last exceptions simplified by Better Exceptions and one word doc of one of the last exceptions txt files.

Message 67 of 71 (707 Views)

Hero
@cozyinn The toy box was reported before I think, maybe in this thread, can't find a thread on it's own atm.

The other seems to be an error with a book.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 71 (673 Views)

★★ Novice

There was also an LE mentioning ‘pet’ or ‘hug’. It was autonomous and I haven’t been able to replicate it. 

Message 69 of 71 (663 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @cozyinn, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen this issue occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 70 of 71 (553 Views)