Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Animation Bug with animals

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions / All Game packs except Parenthood / Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Kids, Fitness and Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug seems to depend on the placement of the objects
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. When the dog is stood in the tub it's back legs are elevated level with the rim of the tub 2. After the dog has gotten out of the bath, the dog will stretch to sim height for a short moment before running
What do you expect to see? 1. Dogs to stand in the tub with all paws level 2. Dogs to not strech into strange shapes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I Have tested the first issue with an identical tub outside and the dog stands fine in the tub. I moved that exact tub to replace my old one and the bug happens so I assume it is to do with the placement of the tub in the room.

The stretching bug happens regardless

Pictures Included Below

EDIT: This has become a bit of a collection of different things and some are fixed. If you get animation bugs for SPECIFIC interactions, please post in the threads listed below or if there's no thread, create your own. If it's just general distortion, use this thread

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 3 of 71 (7,356 Views)

Re: Become Companion Interaction causes Sims to freeze and Pets to behave strang

★★★ Novice

Okay I went back into the game and manage to screenshot all of the graphical errors

This is the error I was having with the Dog while in the Bathtub (see: Bath Bug.png)

When I bought an identical bathtub and put it outside the bug doesnt occur (see: Bath Outside.png)

Just for reference I included the whole bathroom in case it is due to the placement of the tub (Bathroom.png)

Message 1 of 71 (7,273 Views)

Re: Become Companion Interaction causes Sims to freeze and Pets to behave strang

★★★ Novice

And this is the error with the dog model acting very strange.

It happens when a dog leaves the tub, the dog then barks for a few seconds and then goes to run off but just before it does you get one second of this:

(*Note this happens both when the dog glitched in the tub and when it didnt)

Message 2 of 71 (7,272 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 71 (7,218 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Animation Bug When Bathing Dogs

★ Guide

This is happening with the Fitness stuff's bathtub for me.

Message 5 of 71 (7,200 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Animation Bug with animals

★★★ Apprentice

Similar problem for me when pet is changing its closes from leash to standard outfit before jumping into pool. It appears for me in around 50% of cases.

I'll try to reproduce and add screenshots later.

Message 6 of 71 (7,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The stretching glitch has been happening to me too it just happens randomly the first time it happened I thought it was just because the dog was changing outfits but then it happened again and the dog was just standing in the kitchen I've honestly been too creeped out to go in game and I hope they fix it soon so I can play without being scared of my dogs glitching. (Don't know if it happens to cats!)

Message 7 of 71 (7,033 Views)

Hero

Do you guys have any exception files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 71 (7,027 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I were not able to catch stretching thing with the changing closes before jumping in the pool, but I've filmed another one:

Each time my dog decides to take ball from the toy box the same stretching thing happens, no matter where dog is. Adding screenshot for now as video is large and I have not find any way to crop it.

Message 9 of 71 (7,011 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict please tell if my case needs to be separated/need more info or may stay in this theme. Thank you.

Message 10 of 71 (6,969 Views)