Re: [OPEN] [CD] All dogs do potty on the porches and terraces

by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

Re: All dogs do potty on the porches and terraces

[ Edited ]
Champion

@koshechka84, I don't know if this was included in the recent patch or just in the Eco Lifestyle EP, but dog poop should work again as a fertilizer.  I just haven't gotten around to testing it yet. 

@PriestessAvenara@koshechka84@Sid1701d9@SheriGR , while most dogs, even puppies might know to go potty on the grass and not the deck or patio in real life, most blind dogs will go on the patio or deck! Raised eyebrow One of my dogs used to always go in the grass until his cataracts got so bad he was blind, and from then on he always went on the patio! Large smile He knew it as a safe zone that was close to the house and therefore wouldn't get lost! Heart  I also have a distant relative who grew up on a ranch with many dogs, and she said all of their dogs that went blind would go potty on  the porch! Wink  You just have to clean up your porch/patio a lot! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 20 (1,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Sid1701d9 Well, my ingame dogs all are trained to do potty in the yard, but still they do it on the porch (chances are 50/50, I think) As for puppies, for me it is rather strange that they are not able to use stairs, as thay are clearly not newborn. Well I do not mean getting to the second or third floor, of course. But be able to use stairs to the garden or street (if there is a foundation).

Well, I went for a walk with my 2.5 month old puppy, using stairs certainly. It was rather funny of course and slow))). 

I understand that this is a game but still...

@PugLove888 Well, these are individual situations. Of course, when they are blind they will use safe zone. My old and sick cat used to do potty on the floor in the house in her last months. She was not always able to reach her litterbox in time Heart.

But in general, I think that this is just not working correctly. Well, years of gaming taught me to avoid some of ridicuousness Standard smile But getting tired of doing this, when it could be fixed... 

As for poops, I do not own Eco Style, my still do not work as fertilizers. But will check once again later.

Message 12 of 20 (1,627 Views)

Dogs poop and pee on the deck

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a dog. Have a house with a deck.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dog poops and pees on the deck. Just about every time.
What do you expect to see? Dogs should poop and pee on available grass.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Look, this probably isn't a bug.  My RL dog also hates walking in the grass.  But like, if the deck is built up on the same foundation height as the house, then that should be considered part of the house. Can the dog please walk just a few feet more and poop on the damn grass? 

Message 13 of 20 (1,539 Views)

Re: Dogs poop and pee on the deck

Hero
@plumbbetty0222 Merged this with the feedback thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (1,528 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

As i can see the problem is not solved (1.68).

Is it so difficult to make pets associate the terraces and porches with house, no matter roofed or not?

I have a terraced pool in one house. And dogs do potty near the ladder f.e. It really drives up the wall. Sims are constantly annoyed of poops, of filthy sourroundings.

Because I can't see every other "present" faster than I can. And the game is almost unplayable to that point.

Message 15 of 20 (1,458 Views)

★★★ Guide

Can confirm this is still an issue. I can understand with puppies because they can't use stairs, but adult dogs still potty on the porch instead of on the ground/grass.

Message 16 of 20 (1,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm really sick and tired of this stupid longtime bug.

I have a house on water with a terrace. And the dogs go and do potty there. Not in the sand, but on the terrace!!!!

Message 17 of 20 (1,243 Views)

★ Novice

Same and I don’t have mods bc I play of console I have always had this bug and now the dogs are always saying they can’t go outside but if I call them from outside they go it so bugged. 

Message 18 of 20 (919 Views)

★★ Novice

September 2023 and it's still not fixed....
Suspect EA decided to ignore this completely...

Message 19 of 20 (746 Views)

★★ Pro

Just noticed this. Dogs will pee on the porch and then walk to the grass to do number two. And because this game doesn't distinguish between urine and water (why though?) other animals will go and drink out of the pee puddle which is super disgusting. Oh and kids will play in it. Standard smile

Message 20 of 20 (364 Views)