Re: Constantly says Day Off even though they go to work

by kusurusu

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] CAS Story Part Time Job - No working days

★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this fits here, tell me if I should create a separate report.

Same problem, did not use CAS. Added an already existing sim to the family, he was a diver and his schedule claimed that he never worked - both his own schedule and the shared calendar. Game still told me when it was time for him to go to work. Made him quit and turned him into a barista, now it says he's working but the calendar seems to be out of sync. It says he works mon-fri but it also says "work in 2 days" on a wednesday.

Message 11 of 20 (978 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] CAS Story Part Time Job - No working days

Hero
@Tengwar93 Did you download the Sim from the gallery or was it an NPC ? Play on to see if the work days become correct

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (958 Views)

fisherman career - "off work"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

*playing without ANY mods* 

My fisherman, created from a story in create a character and therefor started with "Fisherman career lvl 3" (deep sea fishing master) always has "off work!" by his schedule, but he will still be called into work. which then seems super random. I also placed a pre-build room, and then removed the walls, where there is now a white stripe. Graphics on "ultra" without any issues in gameplay. 

*GAME HAS BEEN RESTARTED- didn't solve it so then REPAIRED ALL GAME FILES which also didn't solve anything*

Message 13 of 20 (809 Views)

Constantly says Day Off even though they go to work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Jobs
What happens when the bug occurs? It constantly says day off work so I can't see what they need to do to get promoted
What do you expect to see? What days they go to work and what days they have off and see what they need to do to progress in their job
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please help, no days are highlighted for work, it constantly says day off

Message 14 of 20 (812 Views)

Hero
@kerry_eaton1990 Is this for all jobs or just this one ?

Have you tested a new save/sim to see if it occurs there too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 20 (778 Views)

Re: fisherman career - "off work"

Hero
@temirina I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (776 Views)

Hero
@kerry_eaton1990 Did you create the Sim through story mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 20 (763 Views)

★ Pro

Same issue here with the new neighborhood stories feature. Inactive Sim joined Barista career but no schedule.

Message 18 of 20 (684 Views)

Re: [OPEN] CAS Story Part Time Job - No working days

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 20 (616 Views)

Re: [OPEN] CAS Story Part Time Job - No working days

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm sending you some saves now as I recently had this issue with the Fishing career. It seems like all of the affected careers mentioned in this thread are ones specific to Island Living? (E.g. you can only get the questions "Whenever I visit the ocean, how do I feel?" and "How close to the water do I want to be?" if you have Island Living installed.) I've been unable to recreate the bug from scratch in a fresh, no-mod save because I assume there's some randomness involved (I haven't seen either of these questions again despite redoing the quiz a few times).

EDIT: the other thing I wanted to add is that in this bugged save, the sim seems to get called for every possible shift that would exist in the career and gets a call from their boss if they don't show. I tried to get my partner to try Sims 4 for the first time, and the poor guy couldn't figure out what he was doing wrong, but it feels like it's a bug -- the sims gets called/"work in an hour" popup 2x/day monday through friday, for 5am-9am AND 9pm-1am shifts. I've never played this career but my assumption is that you'd only have 1x shift/day? Not sure.

Message 20 of 20 (507 Views)