Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CAS] [S] Dread Hairstyle leaves triangle textures on Sims Eyes

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into cas, put on the seasons hair, and move the eyes around.
What happens when the bug occurs? there is a weird black box/graphic glitch with the hair. More obvious on certain eyes.
What do you expect to see? No graphic glitch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Seasons was installed. I't a seasons hair.

I've attached the pictures that show the issue It even is visible on the UI picture, as shown. 

Edit By Crinrict: Merged thread & Adjusted title to be more clear

Message 1 of 17 (4,746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Dread Hairstyle leaves triangle textures on Sims Eyes

Hero

We fixed a few hairstyles (yfHair_EP05WavyBob, yfHair_EP01PartedFlat,
yfHair_EP05UnderCutDreads, yfHair_EP01ShortSwept and yfHair_DreamyCrew) that
when used with the recently added color options would create splotches in the eyes,
change the color of teeth, and/or change the eyelashes color.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

I hope that's all of the ones mentioned

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (3,652 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] [CAS] [S] Graphic Glitch with Seasons Male Hair

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (4,536 Views)

★★★★ Guide

03-24-19_11-16-13 PM.png

Having the same issue 

Message 3 of 17 (4,371 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here.  With and without the mods folder.  On his blonde-haired brother, it's barely visible so I assume it's something linked to the hair color.

03-24-19_10-21-51 AM.jpg 

Message 4 of 17 (4,341 Views)

Seasons Pack's Hair Style Glitch

★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose the hair that I've capture.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will get a black glitch on their eyes.
What do you expect to see? The glitch is be gone
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've choose a one hair style from Seasons Pack and sim's eyes are appeared the black glitch on it.

Message 5 of 17 (4,120 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] Dread Hairstyle leaves triangle textures on Sims Eyes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I only have sims 4 seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by going into CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? In the eyes of my sim there seems to be a texture problem within the eye, this did not occur before i downloaded sims 4 seasons
What do you expect to see? i expected the eye to be normal, and I even use the default eyes to see if it was a CC problem
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded seasons

It seems as if the texture is not being applied to the mesh right or as if a chunk of the texture is missing, I have just downloaded the sims 4 seasons expansion and before downloading this did not occur, i changed to a default eye swatch in the game so its not my CC, I also removed my script mods to see if that was the problem, i have yet to remove my CC...

This is very annoying and i want to fix it ASAP.

thanks,

-Stary

EDIT: i have removed my CC

the problem is still Occurring 

Message 6 of 17 (3,607 Views)

Re: my sims eyes

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @StarySkullz 

Spoiler

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

That's said, seen this reported earlier for certain clothing/hairstyles. Does it matter for you what your Sim is wearing or the hairstyle the have  ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (3,551 Views)

★ Guide
@StarySkullz Actually this is a bug with the hairstyle you're using! The texture from the hairstyle is partly on the eyes texture. That's why you're seeing this piece of black square.
Message 8 of 17 (3,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@pwcreations Can't remember if we have this specific hairstyle. 

What pack is this from ? Seasons ? I did ask above if it's only that hairstyle but OP hasn't come back.

Do you see it on others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (3,525 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It's the dreadhairstyle which came with seasons.
I checked it way back with Sims4studio and saw that the hairstyle texture is partly on the area where the eyetexture is-. I think nobody reported that yet
Message 10 of 17 (3,522 Views)