[OPEN] Buymode filters revert to 'Show All'

by SlyStarDust

Original Post

[OPEN] Buymode filters revert to 'Show All'

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Since 3/26 patch, whenever I go into buildmode for the first time in the gaming session, the game is automatically set to the "show all" option for buymode items. This causing the game to load ALLLLLL of my items. This causes a large amount of lag and delay. It used to just open into rugs, or lights, or curtains etc.. 

I have a lot of CC and I would really rather not load it all at once. I hope that makes sense. I can't remember if it does it every time I go into buildmode in a single play session, but it for sure does it the first time.

Message 1 of 8 (1,280 Views)

Re: Buymode bug/feature/glitch

Hero

Did you weed through your CC to make sure everything is still compatible ? A lot is broken.

I do have longer loading times on build mode myself though (no build mode cc)

Need to check this out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wanted to reply earlier, but I lost this thread.

This "feature" is new since the patch and it still happens with my mods folder out. What I think is happening is the filter is set to "retail," but since the retail does not show up on regular lots it defaults to "show all." It then loads all of your items, causing the delay and lag. When I open buy/build on a retail lot it opens to the "retail" filter.

It is not always 100% of the time. If I have been decorating or building and switching back and forth, it doesn't always happen, but if I change lots or when I first open the build/buy it is set to "show all."

All they need to do is look at what the setting USED to be before get to work and make it that again. (comfort, lighting, electronics etc.)

Message 3 of 8 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've tried this and for me the filters seem to stick as long as I don't reload the game or change lots.

Can you confirm that ?

I'll add though I changed the title a bit to reflect the actual issue.

To find your threads you can click on your user name and then on HQ Settings in the upper right corner.

@SlyStarDust 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I can also get the filter to stick when I stay on a lot and bounce between all the filters and live mode, but the first time I load a lot or the game the filter is set to show all. This is especially noticeable with a lot of CC, which I am a terrible hoarder of CC!

It doesn't break the game or anything, but it looks pretty scary the first time it lag loads like that. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,252 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Buymode filters revert to 'Show All'

Hero (Retired)

@SlyStarDust is this still an issue for you?  In my game, when I first go into build mode, it is set to styled rooms, not show all.  This is just after starting the game and then loading a save.

Message 6 of 8 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, that is true when you first open it up, it goes to the styled rooms part. When I click on the tab to look at the sections like electronics, kids, hobbies etc, it goes to "show all" first. It then loads everything and, depending on how much CC you have, it can take a while. In the beginning of the sims 4 it did not go to "show all" when you first selected whatever the name of that section is (sorry, I don't have my game handy to see what it was named).

I obviously have too much CC, because it is annoying when I first click into buy mode looking for something!

Message 7 of 8 (1,190 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ah, I see what you are saying @SlyStarDust.  It would be helpful if they could change it to just open the first category on the list instead of defaulting to "Show All."  As a workaround, have you considered using the "Objects by Room" tab instead?  It doesn't display any objects when you first go into it and has very narrow categories.  If your CC has room designations, it might help you.

Message 8 of 8 (1,176 Views)