by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Butlers, Service Providers, and others show up to Vacation Rental

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? gp09.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions All Game Packs except Parenthood All Stuff Packs except Moschino, First Pet, Toddler, Kid's Room, Romantic Garden, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Select a household with a Butler and/or other regular services such as Gardener/Maid 2. Go on vacation to a rental property, in my case I only took 3 out of 8 household members and had the issue in a Willow Creek rental and Mt. Komorebi rental 3. Wait
What happens when the bug occurs? The Butler may be there already or show up with no way to make them leave. Gardeners and/or maids will show up saying there's no work to do. Household members not on vacation will show up on the lot after work. Presumably hundreds of miles away
What do you expect to see? Butlers and other service providers should maintain the actual Sim household and not show up at the vacation rental location intruding on those vacationing. Sims from the household that have not gone on vacation should not show up, apparently hundreds of miles away, after work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title 

Message 1 of 7 (3,238 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Butlers, Service Providers, and others show up to Vacation Rental

Hero
@willprot Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (3,214 Views)

★★★ Guide
@willprot I have this happening too - even the gardener turned up!

PS4, All Packs & Kits
Message 3 of 7 (2,714 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@willprot The same thing happens to me all the time on PC. It's very annoying when you're playing a storyline and all of a sudden there is the gardener standing outside your bedroom during your honeymoon in Selvadorada ...
Message 4 of 7 (2,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SaraTheHappyOne Literally! My sims just wanted a romantic get away, and the butler shows up too? Bro you weren't invited...
Message 5 of 7 (2,152 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Butlers, Service Providers, and others show up to Vacation Rental

★ Apprentice

Seriously fix butlers!!!

Message 6 of 7 (1,604 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Butlers, Service Providers, and others show up to Vacation Rental

★★★ Newbie

ITS THE YEAR 2023 AND THIS ISSUE STILL HASN'T BEEN FIXED!!!

My butler joined me on my trip to Batuu. But, while I was busy completing resistance missions, he must have died of starvation or exhaustion because there was no place for him to relax. Honestly, if a worker Sim reaches a critical level of need, they should just default to "taking time off" for personal reasons. This will allow them to despawn and regenerate their health either at the main residence, or at their own residence.

Message 7 of 7 (967 Views)