by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Bulky Masculine Frame Neck

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the game, select a masculine frame sims, slim them down [muscle and fat sliders] and observe they have a bulging neck.
What happens when the bug occurs? The neck is distorted, looks terrible and it makes the game effectively unplayable as this is impossible to ignore.
What do you expect to see? When I make a masculine frame sims, I expect them to have normal necks not something I can't look at.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.36 patch, the patch before Cats and Dogs was released.

Neck Issue As explained, here I provided the proof of the issue.

Message 1 of 15 (5,905 Views)

Re: Masculine Frame Neck Issue

Hero

Hi @MrInnce

I had tried this on my game and wasn't able to duplicate

• What graphics card do you have ?
  • What settings are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (5,869 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 

Settings: Sims: Very High, Objects: Medium, Lightning; Low, Reflection: Low, Visual Effects: Low, Edge Smoothing: Off, 3D Scene Resolution: High, View Distance: High

The issue was also discussed in a different thread: Thread

Message 3 of 15 (5,866 Views)

Hero

Unfortunately  there's no real info in that thread.

Have you tried playing around with your settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (5,855 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict

I noticed that the issue is persistent with sims that were made before the patch for cats and dogs [including the sims from picture provided]. Thr glitch is not noticeable with the newly made sims. Playing with settings does nothing. 

Message 5 of 15 (5,848 Views)

Hero

Do you have the Sim on the picture in the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (5,843 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Yeah, it is both public and in gallery under name Kristofer Lange 

Message 7 of 15 (5,837 Views)

Hero

Does it only happen when you slim them down ? I do think I see what you mean but I'm a bit unsure

Guess I'm going to add this for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (5,830 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Yes only happens with really skinny sims, with both sliders down to 0. Thank you for quick replies. 

Message 9 of 15 (5,825 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Bulky Masculine Frame Neck

★★ Novice

For the bug to be obvious, the neck needs to be thinned as to suit the frame of the skinny sims. And, of course, the sliders both al the way down. I personally can see it on sims I download off the gallery too, nor only my own, if I skin them down.

Message 10 of 15 (5,789 Views)