[FIXED] Build Mode Causes a LOT of Last Exceptions

by crybabyymae

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Build Mode Causes a LOT of Last Exceptions

★ Apprentice

Hi Nick! Thank you for looking into this!
I don't think a save before it happens would be possible--it's very random.
I do have 2 saves that make it happen though, I could pass them to you!

Yes, that is the scroll, but I don't think it's object specific.

It seems to happen completely randomly.
Sometimes the LE happens immediately, the first item you place, sometimes it doesn't happen until a while later.

The LE pops up while in build mode, not live!

I wish I had more to tell you, but it really, really seems random.

At first, I couldn't figure out why it even happened, that's why I took the two saves & kept placing items until I could replicate it while I was waiting for it.

If there's any way I can show you, maybe screen recording? Let me know.
The first save I sent I've got it to happen every time.

Message 21 of 68 (4,836 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, it's definitely random as all [insert expletives]. I started a totally new save when it started in one right after the update...only for it to start happening in that new save file! I was adding a room to a second story, and it didn't seem to start till AFTER the roof was put back in place! No other changes besides adding a staircase and removing windows that weren't necessary anymore!

At first, I thought this was due to a UI mod I had...that's since been updated for the most recent patch. Now, I dunno what to think other than it's annoying!

Message 22 of 68 (4,758 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Build Mode Causes a LOT of Last Exceptions

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am having the same problem when placing items in build mode. I get this exception error over and over again after being in build mode for a while. Here is the exception error I am getting, That keeps repeating itself. For some reason I can't attach the file. I even got a blue screen of death from this error too. It is the same error simmers are posting on discord. Will here is an summary of it:

LE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DTV0xQnTKjcBn2nIiMRfq1ixDcFBc5bo/view?usp=sharing.

I like to add at the time of this LE their was a child sim in the room I was placing objects in. I was placing objects from family inventory as well as new objects in the room.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>bbdf55f7724abaf35b6620e4</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-08-04 15:18:31</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.45.62.1020-1.200.000.360.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>animation_element.py:706</categoryid><desyncid>bbdf55f7724abaf35b6620e4</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (RuntimeError: ASM Stand_Idle is being called repeatedly with a zero-length duration.&#13;&#10;Interaction: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.stand_Passive'&gt;&#13;&#10;Posture: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.posture_Stand'&gt;&#13;&#10;States: ('Stand_Idle',) -&gt; ('exit',)&#13;&#10Wink&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 706, in do_begin&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: ASM Stand_Idle is being called repeatedly with a zero-length duration.&#13;&#10;Interaction: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.stand_Passive'&gt;&#13;&#10;Posture: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.posture_Stand'&gt;&#13;&#10;States: ('Stand_Idle',) -&gt; ('exit',)&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>bbdf55f7724abaf35b6620e4</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-08-04 15:18:57</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.45.62.1020-1.200.000.360.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>animation_element.py:706</categoryid><desyncid>bbdf55f7724abaf35b6620e4</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (RuntimeError: ASM Stand_Idle is being called repeatedly with a zero-length duration.&#13;&#10;Interaction: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.stand_Passive'&gt;&#13;&#10;Posture: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.posture_Stand'&gt;&#13;&#10;States: ('Stand_Idle',) -&gt; ('exit',)&#13;&#10Wink&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 706, in do_begin&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: ASM Stand_Idle is being called repeatedly with a zero-length duration.&#13;&#10;Interaction: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.stand_Passive'&gt;&#13;&#10;Posture: &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.posture_Stand'&gt;&#13;&#10;States: ('Stand_Idle',) -&gt; ('exit',)&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>

Message 23 of 68 (4,750 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this problem since today (august 7) i went to build in san myshuno for the first time since forever and as soon as i place something in build i get exceptions every second. It only stops when i go to manage worlds but as soon as i started building in san myshuno i again got the exceptions. I went to newcrest and nothing happened there.

Message 24 of 68 (4,614 Views)

★ Novice

As of 08\07\18 I am also having this issue. I had a wall T.V. hanging and placed a cat bed to the side of it on the ground when I began to receive spamming LE's.  

Message 25 of 68 (4,605 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this problem starting today (August 7). Up until today the game was running perfectly and I haven't added any new mods or CC. My game was completely fine yesterday so I have no idea what's going on.

Like others have mentioned, I get the errors while in build/buy mode. They seem to start randomly, and once they start they don't stop and I have to exit the game. The lastexception file says: "RuntimeError: ASM Stand_Idle is being called repeatedly with a zero-length duration."

If anyone has any idea what this means and what might be causing this issue I would greatly appreciate any help! My game is basically unplayable at this point due to the endless script errors.

Message 26 of 68 (4,572 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nick, I've got a couple saves - one BEFORE I started getting the spamming in buybuild mode and one after - and I'll DM you the info shortly. So give me just a couple minutes and you should have them.

Message 27 of 68 (4,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

The team has determined the cause of this issue.  It can occur when resetting a Sim 50 times in Build Mode without going to Live Mode.  A Sim can be reset in Build Mode in multiple ways, including placing an object on top of a Sim, or replacing/bulldozing the lot.

While we look into it further, possible workarounds in the meantime are to either avoid resetting Sims in Build Mode, or to play in Live Mode for a bit then return to Build Mode.  (Playing in Live Mode for a bit should reset the counter that is linked to the exceptions.)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 28 of 68 (7,520 Views)

★ Apprentice
I find that interesting, as both saves this has happened in, the sims were "out" of the lot, meaning they were still in the "landing" point from when you start a family. Therefore, I didn't get the reset from putting items near them, because they were off the lot. So, I'm not sure how I can avoid resetting them, if I can't even place anything near them? Are there other ways that reset things?

Also, going to live mode doesn't immediately stop the LE's, for me, going to manage worlds does, though.
Message 29 of 68 (4,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

ok thank you! that makes sense for me, I was eating at a restaurant my sims were sitting down in and i went in and out of build mode about 3 times to edit some things which reset any sims sitting down at the time. Now its really bugging with my game, especially in live mode I keep getting the notification of the LE and my sims keep on debugging. Please let us know when you find the solution! 

Message 30 of 68 (4,394 Views)