[FIXED] Build Mode Causes a LOT of Last Exceptions

by crybabyymae

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Build Mode Causes a LOT of Last Exceptions

Hero
what do you see ingame with that ? Nothing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 68 (3,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No, nothing in game Crin,

but the LE will continue to write & write & write, and can eventually crash a game if you leave it up long enough/computer can't handle constant LE's popping up. It will definitely lag until you leave the lot.

Message 12 of 68 (3,137 Views)

Hero
I tried both your saves and couldn't get a single LE to trigger.

Let me know if there's any pattern that I can try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 68 (3,091 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It happens to me the same.

I was bulding a house without any sim there, just a plain lot, when it happened the same to me. I was building a normal suburban and when I placed some libraries when it start happening. My mods are MCCC, more columns and a background for CAS. Also it happens when I placed some rooms in exact places! 

Message 14 of 68 (3,076 Views)

★ Apprentice

In the first one, I kept placing the wall scroll that I talked about in the original post, until I got the LE. It took a while. It is definitely happening!

(I placed the wall scroll, because it was what happened when the LE first started, I exited, and came back, placed scrolls.. and got it again, the item probably doesn't matter.)

Message 15 of 68 (3,073 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here is ANOTHER. Placing different items this time. Same save. https://pastebin.com/d3ncQUsR

Message 16 of 68 (3,070 Views)

Hero
Currently don't have more time for testing. Hopefullly QA can figure this out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 68 (3,052 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@crybabyymaeWould you happen to have a save file of right before the exception starts occurring? I'm playing around with your current save file and not having any luck. You said you were placing the City Living wall scroll over and over, do you mean the item named "A Sign of Things To Come"? And you said you placed a bunch of them? Like how many? How long do you spend in B/B before you start seeing the LastException hit? Is the LE hitting while you're still in Build/Buy Mode, or do you have to go back to Live Mode to get it? Any additional info I can get would be super appreciated, thanks so much! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 68 (3,024 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I'm not sure if I should be making another post or replying to this one, but I'm having the same problem here. After looking over the Last Exception file the other simmer uploaded, it's the same *exact* problem. I'm getting pushed an infinite number of Last Exceptions having to do with the Stand_Idle pose being queued up too many times with a 0-second length to it. Often, I get random Last Exceptions having to do with this particular pose, usually between actions (from the microphone to the guitar, for example, my sim will occasionally stand still a moment, T-pose, stand still, then action). This is the first time I'm experiencing the sheer volume of notifs to where I need to quit the game for them to stop. This is occurring in Build Mode. Once on the second floor when I moved a wall out and again when placing a fence. Both of my sims are in the basement and therefore shouldn't really be affected by any building happening two floors above them. Looking for an answer or a fix. Tried repairing, a fresh install, and no mods (besides mccc to catch the Exceptions) to no avail. Really hoping there's an answer out there.

Message 19 of 68 (2,987 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, I am having the same problem. At first I wasn't sure what was going on I thought it was something I did wrong. Turns out others are also having the same issue. I also have mc command and when I generate the exception files I just save and exit to manage worlds. I noticed it did happen after the July 31 patch. I am a builder and it can be frustrating when I try to add on the houses my sims are living in. I hope that there is a solution to this because I enjoy playing the game.

Message 20 of 68 (2,984 Views)