by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

[OPEN] Blazer has texture issues/clipping on the neck

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino and ofc RoM
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? check out the neck area when applying the new summer blazer top on a Sim with any frame
What happens when the bug occurs? There are texture issues in the neck area of a masculine frame sim wearing the blazer, and when worn on a feminine frame sim, the neck clips and cuts off at the neck completely
What do you expect to see? The blazer not having clipping and texture issues on a Sim that wears it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch for the Sims 4 anniversary

You can see the subtle texture issues around the skin in the neck area of a masculine framed who wears this blazer (well I presume it's a blazer but I know it's a new top for males) added from the patch:

And here's the same sim with the blazer on when switched to a feminine frame:

This is a vanilla, modless save just updated and repaired from the latest patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (1,929 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Blazer has texture issues/clipping on the neck

★★ Pro

I tried this jacket on a female with a feminine frame, just to be sure it wasn't an opposite frame issue for male Sims, and indeed the mesh is totally broken on the feminine frame for female Sims as well.

Message 2 of 9 (1,821 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Blazer has texture issues/clipping on the neck

★★★★ Guide

I've come with an update to this bug and that this blazer is still not appearing in a satisfactory way as of this latest patch from Nov 25, placed on a new sim in a clean game in CAS, for both masculine/feminine frames:

Message 3 of 9 (1,737 Views)

CAS Visual Errors

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs currently out, game packs - strangerville and vampires, stuff packs - laundry, backyard, romantic garden, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims 4 CAS > Male Sim with feminine frame > use clothes seen in image
What happens when the bug occurs? Trying to make Sims but having visual errors with character models having holes in them.
What do you expect to see? I expect the model to not have gaps in it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought and installed University on the 25th Dec, 2019.

Hi everyone, 

Trying to make a male sim with feminine frame and this happened:
6456456.PNG

34645.PNG

I have tested without mods, no difference. This is really jarring, it happened after putting on this item of clothing. All items used are from TS4, no CC on this Sim. This also happens with some hairstyles: 
7567567.PNG

6756757.PNG

Problem resolves itself when changed to feminine with feminine frame. HOWEVER...
6756700.PNG

Fem. frame fem. gender

66665.PNG

masc. frame masc. gender (the seam is visible between the neck and head and seams on the neck texture, not too bad but still irritating?)

Is there something wrong with my game or has everyone had this issue? I'm not sure if it extends outside CAS (I sure hope not!!!) but it's really aggravating. The skintone isn't CC either. Seems to specifically be this jacket at the moment but I'm not going to go through every single CAS clothing, just checked a bunch and seems it's specifically this one as of now. 

Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this in.

Message 4 of 9 (1,710 Views)

Re: CAS Visual Errors

Hero
@suprrk Merged this with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,701 Views)

Re: CAS Visual Errors

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict thanks! Didn't know there was already a thread :-)
Message 6 of 9 (1,684 Views)

Neck Clipping only with Secret Agent Blazer that I fond of

★★★★★ Novice

I was looking for a suit that suits Mortimer Goth for a very long time. Fortunately, I found this Secret Agent Blazer that I think really suits him. I was very happy 

Screenshot (36).pngScreenshot (37).png

But then I saw that it got neck clipping TT

Screenshot (38)_LI.jpg

I got no problem with other clothes. I also have tried to modify his neck in CAS to no avail

Please help Frown

Message 7 of 9 (1,483 Views)

Re: Neck Clipping only with Secret Agent Blazer that I fond of

★★★★ Expert

@chesster_wammy An issue in the game, with no mods and cc present, should be reported in the bug reports section, for it to come to the knowledge of the personnel that can fix it if they choose.

Message 8 of 9 (1,368 Views)

Re: Neck Clipping only with Secret Agent Blazer that I fond of

Hero
@chesster_wammy I merged your post with the current bug report on neck issues with blazers although the one in the OP is a different one than you're experiencing issues with.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,325 Views)