Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Black roof trims

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take this house : https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D11622B69B0111E88DD6F7E5EC7F408A?categ... And place it on the Admiral's wreckage lot in Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? Parts of roof trims are black.
What do you expect to see? Normal trims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.59

This have happened on some houses I have where the builds are tall, many rooms, many levels and sometimes overlapping roofs. Builds that look like castles etc.

And when I say black it's not like a swatch. Cause when I hover over the trims these black parts don't light up, they stay pure black. Could be a shadow issue. 

Update #1: Found a fix and wanted to share this if anyone else also have this problem.

I deleted all rooms in the basement then all pools on the lot. After this I deleted one wall on the bottom floor. This made all the trims go back to normal. I still had one roof trim that was black. So I deleted one wall under that roof and all roof trims were good. After that I slowly undid my actions and the roof trims stayed normal. Standard smile Now I just have to try on my other houses that have this problem. Hoping it's this easy for every lot.

Update #2: Well scratch that fix. The shadow issue on the trims just resets when you load the save again

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 1 of 50 (9,105 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Black roof trims

Hero

Some roofs were updated to remove the appearance of black sides when placed on ceilings.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 48 of 50 (5,060 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Black roof trims

★★★ Newbie

Same here! I’ve updated to the new patch and now all of my houses with trims have turned black on certain sides or even all sides. Still, taking the trims off leaves the place where it was still black. It’s frustrating. So now I’m stuck with houses with these black lines all over the place. Frown by the way, I’ve repaired my game over 5 times. Disabled CC and everything. It’s so ugly and I wish I could downgrade back to what I had before. 

Message 2 of 50 (8,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This is happening on PS4 also with 1.20. Sections of roof trim will just be black. The trim I've used and seen it happen on is the Fine Thatch Roof trim. I have a screen I will post when I get a chance. 

Edit: 2/22/2020 Here's a screenshot of my house having this issue on the current patch. 1.23

The Sims™ 4_20200221173436.jpg

Message 3 of 50 (8,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this issue currently. Is there any fix for it? It doesn't matter which trim I swap to, it remains black in the same spots.

Message 4 of 50 (8,960 Views)

★★ Guide

I've also noticed that plants or other things near walls can also turn black. Got a bush that's outside and also inside. The outside part is black. So definitely a shadow issue. And again. This is only present on the more advanced builds, not normal houses, at least for me.

Message 5 of 50 (8,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, I also only have this issue on an advanced building. I think it happened after the latest update or at least I haven't seen this issue before that. I should add that I have no mods or custom content and never had. I currently use the highest graphics settings and if I change them, it doesn't make any difference. Different daylight settings can change it a bit to brownish but it still looks patched up. Print screens attached.

Message 6 of 50 (8,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SisterGloomy Lot of my mansions and castle have it. Noticed some of my smaller houses have the black trims. Haven’t seen any plants or furniture black yet.
Message 7 of 50 (8,874 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having the exact same issue, just on one house so far but it's one too many. Basically short sections of the roof trim on my newest build are completely black, but only on one side. I've tried deleting and replacing, bulldozing, changing the color, and rotating all to no avail. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't happening on the front side of the build and completely ruining the facade. I want to upload it to the gallery but will have to wait if I don't want a crappy thumbnail!

I attached a screenshot to this post for clarity. I hope EAxis can fix this ASAP.

Message 8 of 50 (8,846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SlyLemur Yeah I got it like that on basically every roof trim of 2 of my builds. And those builds got many roofs. So looks horrible. I really hope they can fix this fast and before the new year. Don't think they will but one can always wish. Do you have basements on these houses btw?

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 9 of 50 (8,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah, I'm hoping that they manage to fix it before the new year - but I doubt we'd see it until the next big update.

As for your question, yes I think so. I built the house on top of a hill and I believe I used the basement tool to get a room underneath the living room so I could clip an object through the floor. However, I'm not sure it qualifies as a basement fully since it deforms the hill around the walls and is not in the "black void" under the lot itself.

Message 10 of 50 (8,793 Views)