[FIXED] Black Hair looking gray/blue on several hairstyles

by Jyotai

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Black Hair looking gray on several hairstyles

★★ Apprentice

I have found a hair style with a gray problem with the new black hair color, too. It is the feminine child hair with the ribbon (my favorite child hairstyle). I was swapping over Sims and noticed while the toddler and adult styles looked good, the child hairstyle looked noticeably lighter than the old color and gray. I have several comparison photos with the adult and toddler hairs that look good versus the the child hair.

https://imgur.com/a/winqcEP

Message 11 of 20 (995 Views)

Highlights on certain hair causes it to look gray

Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.6.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with almost the darkest hair color. I'm sure it looks this terrible on other colors but it stands out a lot on the darkest color hair.
What happens when the bug occurs? The highlight on the hair makes the sims hair look like it is gray for some hairstyles.
What do you expect to see? No gray highlights on dark hair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is the worst on toddler hair, but it does affect other hairs as well. Her hair looks salt and pepper not black at all.

The Sims™ 4_20220307160357.jpg

Other hair without the highlight

The Sims™ 4_20220307160408.jpg

Message 12 of 20 (939 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Black Hair looking gray/blue on several hairstyles

★★★ Novice

This issue also extends to body hair. The darkest swatch causes a gray-ish hue (especially on darker skin tones)

Message 13 of 20 (736 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Great another issue that wont be solved, I do hope EA goes back and fixes them and/or makea post on here

Message 14 of 20 (674 Views)

★ Guide

What's truly sad is how we were told this will be fixed but over a "longer time" except that was said a year ago and still NOTHING.

Message 15 of 20 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@LunarBritney I completely agree. Certain Packs Need to get looked into. I do like how newer packs/sdx drops have good black swatches
Message 16 of 20 (560 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

A few reported hair styles here have been fixed (there are many more fixed but these are just the ones I have previous/older photos of) But there is still a longway to go neatherless I appricate the team slowly fixing them

Screenshot 2023-02-26 193809.pngScreenshot 2023-02-26 193929.png

or 

Screenshot 2023-02-26 194701.pngScreenshot 2023-02-26 194639.png

Message 17 of 20 (487 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Not sure why this wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, but this should be fixed with yesterday's patch. Can anyone confirm? Thanks so much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 20 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@SimGuruNick Hi, sir it is alot better then before but there is still alot of hairs that need looking into if you wish I can generate a list of the hairs that need a reevaluation. Perticularly, Children & Toddler Hairs.
But I will say some of the "worst" offenders have been fixed.
Message 19 of 20 (420 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

If you're still seeing issues with certain hairstyles after Tuesday's patch, please create a new bug report here so we can continue to investigate. 

Thanks! 

solaire.png

Message 20 of 20 (2,502 Views)