Re: Bills are really high

by gothalo2000

Original Post

Hero
@DDWard1972 But you weren't on the bar lot when the bills came ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 73 (2,197 Views)

★ Guide

@DDWard1972 wrote:

@crinrict I think so too. I was so used to the lower taxes for five months that it shocked me to be paying over double what I was normally paying before. I couldn't take a picture of the billing information for some reason but the property taxes were almost $3K and the power and water were nothing (off the grid) but the Tax Breaks and Penalties were almost the same amount as the property taxes. 

I disagree. I looked at a save of mine on a similar style lot (it actually has more stuff on it possibly) and the lot is valued at 34,000 currently and the property part of the bill is only a little less than 1,000. Your Sim living in a starter home with a few eco things should *not* be paying 4000 in bills unless you've gone absolutely nuts with expensive items and your property value is high. My Sims living on property that's a bit more expensive (44k) only pay about 2k in bills (and that's with a 300 penalty cuz I forgot I needed at least one solar panel). On top of *that* I went and looked at the Goth house and they're property bill is 9k on a 214k lot. For a bill as high as 4k your Sim would need to be living on a lot that's probably in the 70-90k range. *Highly* doubt their lot costs that much with just a starter house, a garden, and some eco stuff.

Message 12 of 73 (2,184 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@MoonlitexAngel at least I'm not the only one who feels that taxes are higher than they used to be before that Eco Living bug.
It's hard to understand a 4k bill living in an starter home, On that home uses to live flesh new sims who don't have jobs with high salary.
Message 13 of 73 (2,176 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict The last time I got bills, she was on the lot and was painting. I don't have many "expensive" things in my Sim's house. I think the most expensive thing she has is her bed which cost her like $1k. She hand crafted her tub, her appliances are all functional off grid stuff. She doesn't own any electronics (no computer, radio, thermostat, etc.). She "repainted" the walls, added off the grid lights, and has a bar (one of the portable inexpensive ones).

Message 14 of 73 (2,160 Views)

Hero
@DDWard1972 ok. Just wanted to make sure that's not the issue :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 73 (2,153 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm finding that bills are paid when i'm controlling one sim and when i switch to another sim in the household the bills are charged again. i do have auto pay bills on.

Message 16 of 73 (2,107 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having a sort of similar issue, but my bills are four to five times higher than the ones you're reporting. My family of four has about §10,000 in their account, and the lot value is about §45,000 (about §48,000 when looking at the info panel from the town view.) Their past two bills have been §30,000-36,000. That's way too high! I do not have Snowy Escape, and I only just installed Eco Living two days ago. My game is up-to-date with the latest patch. Please send help! 

Message 17 of 73 (2,082 Views)

Hero
@browncoat92 Have you been on vacation or another lot when the bills came ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 73 (2,065 Views)

★ Apprentice

Only once as after I searched for an answer, I read several different posts stating that traveling or vacationing when a bill arrived may be an issue. However, the next three times since then have also been over 30,000 Simoleons on a 40,000-odd valued home. I also randomly received one normal 2,000 Simoleon bill. It's now been fluctuating between the two costs. 

Message 19 of 73 (2,039 Views)

Hero
@browncoat92 Was the normal one before or after that one time you were ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 73 (2,036 Views)