Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Belted Cardigan causes Sims to stretch to the side

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: All but Snowy Escape Game Packs: All but My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator and Journey to Batuu Stuff Packs: Laundry Day Both of the Free Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know I just saw it
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims body stretches to the side. The head and the legs act as normal. This only happens in certain camera angles. When it's not in those camera angles, the sim is normal. It only seems to be this sim. I don't know if this is related but the sim is wearing an outfit that isn't an option in cas.
What do you expect to see? Penny Pazzaz wearing one of her outfits and her body not stretching to the side, detaching from her neck
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Patch that occured 6/14/2022 (1.89.214.1030)

Pizzaz.pngPizzaz (2).pngPizzaz (3).png

I don't know if anyone else has this specific thing

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 88 (11,234 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Glitching Sim in Bars in Various Cities

Hero

The Mint Green Belted Cardigan (yfTop_CardiganBelted_SolidGreenMintBlack) no longer makes your Sim look like human spaghetti.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 88 of 88 (3,795 Views)

All Replies

Re: Stretched Sim to the Side

Hero
@1Wolf2052 could you try changing the outfit to see if it still occurs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 88 (11,199 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was just coming here to report this, and can confirm it's this specific top, in all colors. I saw it literally the moment I loaded my family after the patch yesterday (Jul 14 2022), because a townie was biking past outside with this happening to them.

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100% of the time when wearing this shirt.
What is your current game version number? Current version as of Jul 14 2022
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything excluding Journey to Batuu, Bust The Dust, Courtyard Oasis, Fashion Street, and Modern Menswear.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim (female at least; unsure about male frames) wear this shirt and zoom out a bit in Live Mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The torso of sim in this shirt, when viewed from a distanced camera angle, will stretch and contort wildly. Absolutely nightmarish! When zooming in however, the sim appears unphased.
What do you expect to see? Normal framework and rendering for the torso.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I'm on console; no mods possible.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes.
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the Werewolves pre-patch, on Jul 14 2022.

I really hope this gets fixed. I saw it on a townie as soon as I loaded my game and thought perhaps she had just mis-rendered...Until I had the mother of my currently active household change into her everyday wear - which consists of this top. I've attached pictures of where to find it in CAS, as well as of the active household experiencing it and the townie that I initially saw.

Message 3 of 88 (11,180 Views)

Hero
@MediaKlepto Is this a career unlock ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 88 (11,153 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@MediaKleptoIs this a career unlock ?

To the best of my knowledge this is a normal basegame top, listed under everyday. I'm not absolutely-100%-infallibly-positive, mind you, since families with different progression have blended together in this save, but I'm reasonably sure it's a default.

Message 5 of 88 (11,145 Views)

Hero
@MediaKlepto I couldn't find it and OP also said it's not in CAS for them so I'm guessing it's some kind of unlock.

Too many though, I might have just overlooked :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 88 (11,141 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hahahaha, absolutely possible! I'll see if I can drum it up in a few minutes.
Message 7 of 88 (11,138 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that it was the top. As soon as I switched her outfit, it was fine. It is from the base game. Not part of any sort of unlock.

Message 8 of 88 (11,133 Views)

Hero
@MediaKlepto Yeah i found it now. don't know why I couldn't at first. Does seem a normal base game item

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 88 (11,117 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict @MediaKlepto It is from base game and not an unlock. It's all the way towards the bottom in the everdayShirt.PNG

Message 10 of 88 (11,114 Views)