Re: Sims Return from Space Invisible

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims Return from Space Invisible

★ Apprentice

Hi. My Sims frequently return from space invisible when their icon shows that they should be wearing their spacesuits. Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide.

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Message 10 of 60 (5,651 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 60 (2,615 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict, thanks. I have attached my DxDiag. One problem with it - I upgraded (I think) my video card from a built-in card to a NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 730 video card. It's not showing on my DxDiag. I don't know if Dell gave me bad info (possible), if the company who sold me the video card gave me bad info (possible), or if I misunderstood which slot the video card is supposed to use (knowing me, very possible).

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Message 12 of 60 (2,590 Views)

Hero

Your card is showing. Not sure if the drivers are up-to-date though cause those are showing as n/a.

Tagging @SimGuruNick to see this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 60 (2,581 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict, thanks. The DxDiag shows (I think) the built-in video card and the drivers for it. I am in conversations with Dell about the video card upgrade since it doesn't seem to be working. There should be an option in the BIOS system to change the primary video card, but there is no option of that sort in my BIOS system. I don't know what my options are, although I do have a spare hard drive if I need to swap that out if it would do any good.

In short, while this may be a bug, it could also be my computer.

Thanks,

Jennifer.

Message 14 of 60 (2,571 Views)

Hero

Do you have the Nivida experience ? Does the card show in your device manager ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 60 (2,569 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict, hi. I have a new DxDiag. Thanks!

Jennifer.

Message 16 of 60 (2,567 Views)

Hero

Is it still happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 60 (2,563 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It happens to me too, it's annoying

Message 18 of 60 (2,521 Views)

Hero

Hi @RZ_Princess

There should be newer drivers for your card. Try updating.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 60 (2,518 Views)