[OPEN] Bassinet won't change color with design tool

by twister721

Original Post

[OPEN] Bassinet won't change color with design tool

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Most annoying thing ever. Child is a boy in a pink bassinet basket. I hate the color pink. No mods/cc just fix it please.

Message 3 of 26 (7,029 Views)

sims 4 adoption, bassinet

★ Newbie

i adopted a baby and chose a baby boy, but he was delivered to me in a pink bassinet so i bought a blue one with the styled rooms option, but now i cant figure out how to move him to it, when i click on the new bassinet it doesnt give me any options, i tryed having adult sim pick up the baby and delete the pink one, but it wont let me and as soon as i grab the bassinet in build mode it puts the baby back into the bassinet. also just a side note, the baby/kid part of this game is a huge dissapointment! why are we regressing? no toddler mode? cant buy a swing for my baby? what is this? almost want to go back to sims 3. 

Message 1 of 26 (6,741 Views)

Re: sims 4 adoption, bassinet

Hero

@cdklmt The baby is actually more of an object than a Sim. It's tied to the bassinet and you can't move it to another.

To change the color of the bassinet, go to build mode and on top you see a bar with different icons. There's one that looks like a color palette you would get from a store to choose colors (bit hard to describe). Choose that then click on the bassinet and choose a new color.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (6,731 Views)

Re: Bassinet won't change color with design tool. NO MATTER WHAT I DO!

Hero

Do you not have the colors anymore or does it simply not change anymore when you choose a different color ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (6,912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hm, I was able to do this fine recently post-Get Together release. Bizarre.

Edit: That said, the bassinet was unoccupied. I'll have another look with a bassinet that houses a child and update.

Update: The design tool cannot be used on an occupied bassinet. Error prompt pops up at cursor "The Design tool cannot be used on this object".

Message 5 of 26 (6,906 Views)

Hero

I've added this.

Thank you @Hroun_88 for testing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (6,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It says that it can't change the color on that item.
Message 7 of 26 (6,441 Views)

★★ Novice
It still hasn't been fixed, any further advancements?
Message 8 of 26 (6,236 Views)

Hero

I don't have any info on this, sorry

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (6,225 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Bassinet won't change color with design tool

★ Guide

I just want to add that I also have this problem at the moment Standard smile

[img]http://i.imgur.com/6T975hn.png[/img]

Message 10 of 26 (6,053 Views)