Glitch - basement ceiling won't delete!

by TeddyKate

Original Post

Re: [The Sims 4] Second basement floor ceiling

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @MightbeabitMagic .

I have been struggling with this issue for a long time. The dirt flooring is just a further display of the issue that I had previously encountered. I have found only one of my residential lots that has what you are describing, and boy did that take me by surprise. (on top of the other disappointment that has been brought by this issue...). I do not know if you were ever to find any solution to your own issue, as I was not able to find a 'fix' but rather I 'gave up' and decided to throw down some more rugs onto the dirt-only flooring. 

The strange thing for me, was that the lot had NO multi-level basement, just a full four floors underground. I could not understand why it was behaving as such. I tried re-building both floors & ceilings to no avail. Dirt floors in a future-modern lot... I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with the z-fighting issue... You are the first to mention z-fighting, maybe a new ticket (topic) needs to be started?

Message 91 of 204 (1,600 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So here's another poor soul plagued by this issue. Can also confirm today's patch (7/16/19) doesn't fix this issue. For that matter there are barely any bug fixes in this patch (at least according to patch notes). Apparently, getting a new UI nobody asked for was more important than fixing infuriating and obvious bugs like this...classic EA...

Message 92 of 204 (1,583 Views)

Glitch - basement ceiling won't delete!

★★ Novice

When I try to delete my 2nd level basement ceiling it shows what I think is dirt, and it flickers over the floor of the basement above. When I try to delete that floor it shows dirt/black.

Message 93 of 204 (1,505 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s related to this issue so I’m not sure about a new ticket... and I ended up just logging off for the time being since the current builds I have planned kinda require multi floor basements. I went through everything I could do at the time including restarting and none of that seemed to help so I’m guessing something got broke in a more recent update

Message 94 of 204 (1,559 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MightbeabitMagic , I agree that it is related to this whole issue. It has been a long time in the making, though. I had hopes for the patch today, but no longer. Some ~50% of my lots utilize open-air sub-levels, and I find myself when I am able to play avoiding any of those lots for the sheer disappointment of it all. You are as I mentioned though, the first to report the z-fighting, honestly I do not know if many people know what it even is, and I was actually happy (in a sad kind of way) to see that I was not alone with my one lot that I have discovered so far.

Message 95 of 204 (1,555 Views)

You ruined my basement

★★ Novice

I had a basement hangout under that whatever the heck that is before this update today i came on and no matter what i do its ruined, im very angry i was waiting for a bug fix not more issues come on i need help here

Message 96 of 204 (1,436 Views)

Re: You ruined my basement

★★ Novice

Yea my house is ruined i wasted 40 bucks on island living as well because i cant even use my house that i built forever ago its ruined, im not playing this game again until this now gets fixed im absolutely enraged over this its literally not fair that i wait all this time for fixed then you break more aspects of the game thanks alot maxis 

Message 97 of 204 (1,427 Views)

Re: You ruined my basement

★★ Novice

And what is this De Sims? Im english so there is something else that got messed up this update im gonna have to put my favorite game down because i cant take this bs anymore i really cant the game is supposed to calm my nerves not make me angry PLEASE FIX THIS STUFF 

Message 98 of 204 (1,419 Views)

★ Guide

So this latest patch that came out... it took them almost a month to release and only fixed a couple bugs - seems to fix a couple bugs and some vampire routing bug that a user already fixed on day one of the problem... took a random user less than a day to fix; takes EA a whole month to fix it, seems about right. 

And then they didn't even fix this flooring bug which is game breaking.  It ruins every single house I have. 

How hard is it to fix a bug that is so easily repeatable to see.  You can start up a brand new game, make 4 walls, then make a basement, then try to delete the floor...  bug exposed, takes you 5 seconds.  All they gotta do is compare what was changed before the Island Living patch to the current patch and undo the damage.  Why is it so hard?  This can bug can be repeated 100% of the time, not sure why wasn't fixed before a buggy expansion was released.

All this patch did was release more unwanted bloat into this bug infested game.

Message 99 of 204 (1,512 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree with the above post. EA are not bothered if previous Lots are unsuable because of this bug. This needs to be fixed before giving us new stuff as in  the latest Patch.

Disgusted again.

Kind regards James.

Message 100 of 204 (1,476 Views)