Re: [The Sims 4] Second basement floor ceiling

by MightbeabitMagic

Original Post

Re: Multiple Basement Levels Issue

Champion

@Gryffindor713 It looks to me like your issue is the same as this bug reporthttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Basement-Split-Level-Rooms-Irremovable-Basement-Flooring/..., and will look into getting your post merged with that report. You will see when you read the report and comments, some variations on the issue. Please 'me too' the report also, as this and details about your issue that may confirm or add to the information already on the report can be helpful to EA when they are troubleshooting the issue. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 81 of 204 (1,736 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SheriGR whenever they get around to troubleshooting the issue, that is... :/ #nopressurebutpleasehurry!
Message 82 of 204 (1,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SheriGR Thank you! 

Message 83 of 204 (1,624 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Basement Split Level Rooms: Irremovable Basement Flooring

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here's a screenshot of before the Island Living patch and after the patch.  You can see through the floor normally in the previous version of the game.

Before latest June 21st update.  Game version was 1.51.77.1020

TS4 - Basement Split Level Rooms Irremovable Basement Flooring Bug 1 [before Island Living].jpg

After the June 21st Island Living update game version 1.52.100.1020

TS4 - Basement Split Level Rooms Irremovable Basement Flooring Bug 2 [after Island Living Update].jpg

Here's a video of the bug, it shows you can walk through the floor and how you can see through it normally from below looking upwards, but from above you just see dirt.

Message 84 of 204 (1,462 Views)

[The Sims 4] Second basement floor ceiling

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? Annoying, but OK
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Deleting the ceiling of a second basement floor is leaving a layer of soil-like residue. It looks like *. https://drive.google.com/open?id=14rnwQ5uiwuru_cq3p6TzBQibrOCkHST6
How is this making it more difficult? I feel that my experience as a spectator of the phenomenon has left me very annoyed and makes it hard to enjoy playing the game. So I play something more pleasant instead.
How can we reproduce this experience? Build one basement floor. Build a second basement floor below it. Delete the ceiling of the second basement floor. Observe the ugliness of all my rocket lairs. https://drive.google.com/open?id=14rnwQ5uiwuru_cq3p6TzBQibrOCkHST6

All the deleted ceilings of my second floor basements (two down) have a soil-looking ceiling (or floor), which can not be deleted, instead of no ceiling.

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)
Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Message 85 of 204 (1,417 Views)

Floor can't be removed between basement and sub-basement.

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build two-level basement. Delete the floor between basement and subbasement in full area or any separate section of the area (room).
What happens when the bug occurs? When the floor is removed soil texture appears in its place.
What do you expect to see? Two-storey-tall open space.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living

07-14-19_10-42-52 AM.png

Message 86 of 204 (1,437 Views)

Re: Floor can't be removed between basement and sub-basement.

★ Novice

Is there any progress on this?

Message 87 of 204 (1,414 Views)

Betreff: [The Sims 4] Second basement floor ceiling

@NeuroticAnarchy 

I moved your thread to the Sims board. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 88 of 204 (1,400 Views)

★★ Novice

Receiving similar experience when trying to build a basement with a two floor height; deleting both the ceiling of the lower floor and the floor of the upper level only leaves the dirt texture when it should be empty.

Haven't previously had this bug, as I've built 2 story basements like this before. Additionally, only deleting the ceiling causes z fighting between the dirt texture and the floor above and/or just entirely covers the floor above with the dirt texture when it should be flooring

Message 89 of 204 (1,372 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm starting some drama over on the sims forum, where I didn't see this topic come up. Hopefully we get more Me Toos and attention in general. 

Message 90 of 204 (1,303 Views)