[ARCHIVED] Bartenders & Baristas no serving properly

by PapaChubbi

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Bartenders & Baristas no serving properly

★★★★★ Guide

I've been consistently seeing this, just with different results, especially when I end up going to the festivals in San Myshuno. (City Living)

The issues I've been seeing happen regardless of mixologist venue, and regardless of location:

- Mixologists will create everyone's drink (except my own, even if I order mine first), and then leave my Sim with no drink, even after already charging.
- Mixologists will start creating my sim's drink, but be interrupted during the making of the drink. (Usually by another Sim talking to them. They don't have to be buying a drink themselves.)
- Mixologists will start creating my sim's drink, then occasionally be suddenly "swapped" with a new mixologist, which effectively has the previous mixologist cut and run with my sim's drink money.
- Mixologists will take my money when I order for a drink when they're already creating others' drinks, but never get around to making my own drink. (Usually ends up being a combination of the interactions listed above.)

As far as these venues offering food, I have not noticed issues with buying food from Mixologists.

- B

Message 21 of 29 (1,487 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@burin077 Could you possibly share a save with me that has this issue? Thanks much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 29 (1,468 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Message 23 of 29 (1,448 Views)

Champion
On the currently available patch (Nov 20 Get Famous) I'm still seeing the same issues ordering drinks from baristas.

I am able to successfully order "For Here":
EXPRESso, Cappuccino, Mocha, Perfect Pre-Work Shot, Macchiato and Barista's Recommendation

But "For Here" 'Mericano and Caffe Latte seem to fail - they drop out of the queue when it gets to the "wait for barista" stage - when the barista takes the ground coffee from the grinder and inserts it into the machine, they stop and seem to drop all the current orders they have queued (the NPCs still waiting for orders won't get their drinks either).

I haven't had a chance to test the "To Go" versions of these yet, but last time more of those seemed to work. But I've noticed that they seem buggy sometimes, as one of the cups I've currently got on the counter doesn't have a lid.
Message 24 of 29 (1,425 Views)

EA Staff

Thanks for the save @burin077!

Message 25 of 29 (1,400 Views)

★ Guide

So this is happening to me a lot too. Not so much with bars but with cafes. I send my sims to get a drink and it either completely gets dropped out of the queue and nothing happens or I get charged and nothing happens. Certain drinks work but a lot don’t. This was working fine until the latest patch. I used to have this bug on my old computer but it didn’t happen on my newer one until now. 

Is this a recent issue for anyone else?

Message 26 of 29 (1,368 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Same issue, I had to queue a drink from a barista at a cafe 6 times, the rest right after queuing them they'd get cancelled.
Message 27 of 29 (1,320 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have also the same problem with cafes. Bars are working fine for me, but the cafes are always "too crowded".
Barista's are doing nothing and my whole game just lag. I try to do stuff in the cafe, like doing homework.
But my sim can be working on in for 5 hours and she won't finish it.

The cafes always lag in my game, in every save, with and without mods...

Message 28 of 29 (1,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since this thread doesn't use the template, I'm going to archive it.

If you still have issues with this, please the new thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Wait-for-Barista-Inte raction-getting-canceled/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 29 (3,954 Views)