by Kazuzi3

Original Post

[OPEN] Baby crib spawns on Sim when giving birth

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a sim have a baby, don't buy a crib beforehand and when the crib automatically spawns in it causes the error
What happens when the bug occurs? crib spawns on the sim, the sim resets and it causes a lastexception error - see gif and error report attached.
What do you expect to see? crib spawning in front of the sim like before, no errors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. lastet patch so 1.55.105.1020

I should add the sim needs to be at home to give birth and there should be no crib on the lot before, it's when it spawns in that the error occurs:

this is in a new save as well. last exception is attached.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 9 (1,220 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Baby crib spawns on Sim when giving birth

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @ZauberNes !!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this issue to our team! We appreciate your help a lot. :eahigh_file:

Would you be able to provide us with your save file that currently experiences this issue? It would be super helpful while we continue to investigate this. Standard smile

Here's how you can do that.

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 9 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sul Sul, @SimGuruKuxiku and thank you for getting back to me. Been testing this issue a bit so I actually have two saves files for you I can share :D I made a google drive folder that also includes a txt file with my username + summary.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HRNGjxZqELwIlGEo0LfEO1x_-w8V0kdX

You know what's interesting about this issue, I now have Realm of Magic installed and so I still get the bassinet landing on top of the sim but the lastexception error does not happen anymore. When I disable Realm of Magic in origin (so GP 08 does not load) I am back to visual gltich and lastexception, tested in both saves multiple times. I saved so the sims are shortly before giving birth. Hope that helps you with the investigation.

Message 3 of 9 (1,033 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruKuxiku I got the lastexception as well, but don't have Realm of Magic or the Moschino Pack. Would my lastexception file help or do you have what you need from ZauberNes?
Message 4 of 9 (1,022 Views)

Hero
@Kazuzi3 Would you be willing to share your save as well ? Instructions above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (959 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I actually might have deleted that save since I posted, but once I he home, I will try it with a new save and get back to you. I might still have the last exception file from that save though. I'd have to look
Message 6 of 9 (949 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I was able to recreate the last exception error in a new save file. Attached is the save and the lastexception.txt. Let me know if you need anything else.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10Ng91e9sDTV4keD4AtQSBg0irwc7wom_?usp=sharing

Message 7 of 9 (914 Views)

Hero
@Kazuzi3 Thanks. I'll forward to QA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (902 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Baby crib spawns on Sim when giving birth

★★★ Apprentice

I had a similar problem. First went to the hospital, there were no doctors there. My sim stayed so long she eventually got another message asking if I wanted to join her in the hospital or send her alone. I joined again. Same problem. I then went home, she promptly spawned a bassinet on the landing (causing the error) and then went to the bassinet already in the house. So both hospital births and home births went completely buggy for me. 

Message 9 of 9 (845 Views)