Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Wont stop Vacuuming

by KrystalGamer1

Original Post

Re: Sims stop eating to vacuum

Hero (Retired)
@AlmostXGinger I've merged your post into the current bug thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post.

You can try removing the vacuums from the sim inventories to see if it helps at all.
Message 11 of 38 (900 Views)

All my sim can do is vacumming, she has no time to do anything else

★★★ Newbie

Is she bugged, she vacums and then goes downstair to vacumm and then right back up again, frustrating

Message 12 of 38 (891 Views)

Re: All my sim can do is vacumming, she has no time to do anything else

Haven't heard that one before. Have you tried using a robot vacuum to prioritize the chore?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 13 of 38 (880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No but will do ty for info

Message 14 of 38 (876 Views)

Hero
@mkgvls I merged your thread with the bug report.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 38 (838 Views)

The Bust the Dust kit causes the Sim to constantly vacuum.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ep 10.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have them all including all the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a vacuum and have the Sim put it in their inventory. Then play for 15 or 20 minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims drop everything to vacuum everywhere. Cook a meal? cook, vacuum, wander away. Eat dinner? eat, vacuum, wander away. Take a shower? step in, step out and vacuum, wander away.
What do you expect to see? I try to have them cook for example. Finish cooking, then eat, then clean up and do something else. The house is SPOTLESS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought the Vacuum Kit. Big mistake.

The vacuum kit causes the Sims to constantly vacuum up imaginary dirt. Please try to fix it so they only clean when it is dirty.

Message 16 of 38 (813 Views)

Re: The Bust the Dust kit causes the Sim to constantly vacuum.

★ Guide
@mysticfairy1 This especially irritates me when the sim is doing something that cost money (such as a bath soak) and they end it prematurely to go vacuum an appliance for the 93847th time, wasting all the money! Autonomy was already really bad but now it's even worse.
Message 17 of 38 (792 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I added a "Me too" above, but just want to quickly add here that my Sim is a slob and a glutton, and ever since I bought her a vacuum, she consistently stops what she's doing to vacuum things. Most often, she stops in the middle of eating to vacuum. I doubt anyone would expect a slob and a glutton to stop eating to vacuum. I'll task her to paint while she's inspired and she'll start painting and stop after two seconds to vacuum. It doesn't seem to matter what I task her with, except maybe beekeeping. Beekeeping seems to move to the front of the line before all other tasks, including vacuuming. Speaking of beekeeping, she vacuums outside a lot too. 

Message 18 of 38 (761 Views)

★ Novice

I hope this is still open. I was thinking the patch would fix it, but it did not. Floors may not be getting dirty as quickly, but they are still prioritizing vacuuming over completing tasks that would fill their needs.

I opened the game after patching, with mods turned off. My sim started a shower and stopped halfway through to go vacuum. 

I don't mind them autonomously vacuuming, but they shouldn't be prioritizing that over meeting needs. For instance, if she completed her shower and then vacuumed, that would be fine, but she's stopping while her hygiene is only about half full to vacuum.

The only fix I have found is to have another action queued for her to perform after her shower, or after she eats, that way the urge to vacuum does not cancel what she's currently doing. 

Message 19 of 38 (727 Views)

★ Novice

I noticed a drop in my sims wanting to vacuum all the time when I took the vacuum out of their inventory and put it on the 2nd floor of the home. They do most of their living on the first floor so they haven't wanted to interact with the vacuum as much. It still happens, but not nearly as much as it did when the vacuum was in my sims inventory.

Message 20 of 38 (699 Views)