Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] Wont stop Vacuuming

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the star wars pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the vacuum kit in
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is constantly vacuuming. She'll be in the middle of doing something and she'll randomly stop to vacuum. I bought a roomba and it gets stuck.
What do you expect to see? decrease the frequency in the accumulation of dust.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added the kit packs.

My sim keeps vacuuming.  I understand once a day, but it seems like every 5 minutes she whips out the vacuum!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 38 (5,068 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Wont stop Vacuuming

Hero

Your Sims had a lot of things to do today, but you know what they did instead? They Vacuumed the Lot. It was a really good clean. Cooking? Vacuumed the Lot. That Gig? Vacuumed the Lot. What about those push ups? Vacuumed the Lot. Reading? Vacuumed the Lot. Looking at this bug? We made time for that. The end of this bug? Released with this Patch. Sims will no longer randomly drop their queued tasks for Vacuuming.

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 38 of 38 (2,842 Views)

All Replies

Re: Wont stop Vacuuming

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EzzieValentine There's a bug report for the stuck robot vacuum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Robot-Vacuum-getting-stuck-cleaning/td-p/8187558

For the other thing, please test without mods to make 100% sure it's not a mod issue (I doubt it is but it needs to be tested without anyways)

What traits does your Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (5,035 Views)

My Sims Won't Stop Hoovering

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Country Kitchen Kit Paranormal Stuff Strangerville Tiny Living My First Pet Jungle Adventure Laundry Day Parenthood Fitness Vampires Dine Out Toddler Backyard Vintage Glamour Kids Room Movie Hangout Spa Day Spooky Stuff Romantic Garden Outdoor Retreat Cool Kitchen Perfect Patio Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just doing general sims day to day life
What happens when the bug occurs? It has happened directly after installing the new Dust buster kit. My sims will randomly get up from e.g. eating, showering, (doing anything) to hoover and clean This will happen multiple times.
What do you expect to see? The sims will get up multiple times to hoover even though they are already doing another task such as eating, using the computer, showering etc. I will have to tell my sim 4/5 times to go back to the original task that they were doing. Please help
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I installed the new Dust Buster kit for Sims 4

The sims won't stop hoovering 

Message 3 of 38 (4,923 Views)

Re: Wont stop Vacuuming

★★ Novice

Thank you @crinrict 

Didn't realise there was another post made about this so thank you very much for linking :3

So I completely removed all mods last year and have since uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled my whole sims 4 game including all packs etc

I've put which traits my sims have below

thank you Standard smile 

patrick traits.jpg

Ellie Traits.jpg

Message 4 of 38 (4,900 Views)

My Sims will not stop cleaning

★ Guide

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install the Bust the Dust Kit
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims will not stop cleaning even when I have given them other things to do. They stop what I have given them to do and start cleaning even though the maid is doing it, the robot vacuum is running, everything is sparkling clean. The maid stays all day vacuuming the same spot over and over again and my bot stopped cooking and started vacuuming the same spot. I was making a video to upload (for media production) and the bot stopped cooking, started vacuuming. I had stop vacuuming and start cooking again, and she stopped cooking, started vacuuming and the vacuum ate my drone. It's nowhere to be found. I don't know it was intentionally designed to have everyone clean all the time, but it's overkill. Even when I have the bot self repair or sleep, it cancels the action and it starts to clean. I haven't changed any aspirations so that is not it. I tell my Sims to do something ie paint, write cook, eat, play whatever and they immediately stop and clean. This happens even when their needs are low doesn't matter they just keep on cleaning until they drop.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to do what I want them to do until they are finished, not stop the second they start so they can clean especially when there is nothing to clean.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed all three of the newly released Kits.

I do not know if this was intentional, but it really spoils the game since I can't get my Sims to do anything else but clean.

Message 5 of 38 (4,744 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My Sims will not stop cleaning

★★ Guide

not an actual fix, but since then maybe just remove the vacuums from the sims inventory?

Message 6 of 38 (4,693 Views)

Re: My Sims will not stop cleaning

★ Guide
@ra7orrat Thanks, I thought about doing that, but then was afraid the house would become too dirty. I will try and maybe between the Irobots and the maid it will be enought. Thanks again.
Message 7 of 38 (4,662 Views)

Re: My Sims Won't Stop Hoovering

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found how you can trigger the bug!

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Swedish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
EP: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape
GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure
SP: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting
KITS: Bust The Dust
OTHER: Holiday Celebration

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
1. Start a new save file, create a sim (I created an adult male sim with the traits: Lazy, Slob, Goofy +family ambition)
2. Move into a house, you will immediatle get the Pristine/Clean level (+2 inspired). Wait until your house get the Dusty level (+1 happy).
3. Buy an upright vaccuum cleaner (I bought the cheapest), vacuum once (You will get the Pristine/Clean level).
4. Wait until your home get into Dusty level again (you will get the moodlet, but the bug also occur without the moodlet = you can stop receiving cleanliness moodlets after a while, this is another bug).
5. Cook something on the stove (I tested with grilled cheese and panncakes), the sim will cancel the action to vacuum
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will start to cook but suddenly cancel their action and start to vacuum instead (leaving the bowl or pan on the stove). Other actions like eating a meal, watching tv/a movie, showering can also get cancelled. The bug only occur on Dusty, Dirty and Filthy level (but you maybe need to use the vaccum cleaner once?). N.B! The bug will not trigger if you have the +2 focused moodlet that you get from vaccuuming. (see 2nd image)

What do you expect to see?
The sims completing their action and not cancel it to vacuum
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Bust the Dust

Message 8 of 38 (4,645 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Wont stop Vacuuming

★★ Novice

I have this same issue. My sim tried to go and vacuum several times while in the shower - I had to literally keep staring at her doing it and cancel the action each time just to get her to finish showering first. No mods installed.

I think they've wanted to add sims becoming more perfectionist about cleaning if you make them clean floors that are already clean (there's a hint towards this in the description of the moodlet), but a sim just dropping everything (leaving mid-shower, leaving a pot simmering on the stove...) to vacuum at the first sign of dust is a bit excessive.

Message 9 of 38 (4,519 Views)

Sims stop eating to vacuum

★★ Novice

No mods, bought all the kits, and updated my game fully. My sim is always cancelling eating to vacuum the damn house, even when it’s not dirty? It’s really getting on my nerves. Turned off free will and she still does it... don’t want to turn the dust accumulation off because I bought the kit, and it’s kinda fun. And, again I have no mods or CC... any tips?

Message 10 of 38 (4,433 Views)