[OPEN] [BDK] Vacuums Don’t Work Off The Grid

by Pamtastic72

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Vacuums Don’t Work Off The Grid

★★★★ Apprentice

Just checking if there is any solution to this problem yet? It's been a while?

Message 21 of 30 (949 Views)

Vacuuming "Off the grid"

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Whatever is current, it updated with the new updates today. 1/31/2023
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pick a lot, select the "off the grid" trait and attempt to use your vacuum after you do the battery upgrade.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vacuum doesn't work off the grid, like it's supposed to.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim vacuuming dust because the vacuum has the battery upgrade so it can be used off the grid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

vacuum1.jpgvacuum2.jpg

As you can see from the attachments, the vacuum doesn't work. This household lives off the grid and the sim installed the self-charging power cell so she can vacuum up dust bunnies instead of befriending them. The one post I have seen about this is from 2021 with inquiries about making the broom and dust pan functional. This right here is a good reason to make them functional. The only time the vacuum works off the grid is if there is power stored, my sims just moved into this house so no power has been stored yet.

Message 22 of 30 (886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Even if the full upgrade worked, I feel like there should still be an option to have normal everyday brooms or mops used for cleaning the floor, not flying. I found a functional CC broom that thankfully works, but not everyone has the option. We can do laundry off the grid, but we can't mop the dusty floor? They even already have an animation for mopping.

Message 23 of 30 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

With the addition of ecological life, when you turn on life without amenities on the site, the vacuum cleaner does not work without electricity. There is an improvement in the "automatic recharging battery" that allows us to use a vacuum cleaner without electricity. But when you click vacuum, Sim takes a vacuum cleaner and puts it in his luggage without using it. And immediately comes notifications that the electricity supply is used up, you do not have enough electricity. This has been a problem since the age of 21, and it has not been fixed yet.

Message 24 of 30 (737 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My guess is that EA just don't give a f about us, they want our money but not give us something that works. since day one of bust the dust we ask for a way to clean off the grid, that never gave it to us, they will never give it, they will never fix the kit and they will never care about customers, they just care about the money we give them (yes sorry I'm pissed, but these days EA just don't care about us anymore). 

Message 25 of 30 (682 Views)

★ Guide
@cynthiaj89 Still happening here. Fully upgraded vacuum and not at all functional with off-the-grid lot trait active. I have a turbine and occassionaly generate a power surplus at which time I can choose the option to vacuum. With the "self charging cell" upgrade, you'd think it should work at all times regardless of "lot" power.
Message 26 of 30 (619 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, it's been years and it would be such an easy fix as someone above posted, they could just make it so the sims could just mop and the dust would be solved that way. They seem to have abandoned this pack completely and barely even include it in the patch update bug fixes because probably not enough people are complaining about this issue is what I'm guessing. As an off-the-grid player, this is a bummer for me.

Message 27 of 30 (572 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@azerty57150 yeah I feel your frustration. This pack seems to have been abandoned completely when it comes to off-the-grid features. Nobody from EA or any team member has even replied to this thread from the looks of it. I'm guessing people don't really play off the grid and have not complained about that feature being useless in this kit so it has not gotten any attention.
Message 28 of 30 (570 Views)

★★ Apprentice

2023 still they have not fixed this. I'm currently playing off the grid and my house is so dusty lol. Also I can't get no power using the panels and wind mills. I'm playing in the new town chestnut ridge

Message 29 of 30 (498 Views)

★★★ Novice

That is a bit strange. I did played a family in the Admiral's Wreckage lot in Sulani last year, and I was able to use the vacuum cleaner using the floor windmill.

Message 30 of 30 (62 Views)