by leozabotto

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Vacuums Don’t Work Off The Grid

★ Guide

I'm having this issue too.

Message 11 of 30 (1,515 Views)

★★★ Novice
Having the same issue at my Off The Grid cottage. Hopefully they will fix and come out with a broom and dustpan option for those without power.
Message 12 of 30 (1,466 Views)

★★ Guide
@vryblksim Strange, because I'm now playing on an Off The Grid lot, and I have no problems with powering my vacuums.
Message 13 of 30 (1,459 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is driving me nuts Frown I have no mods installed, I repaired and updated my game, even restarted my computer but nothing works. I can't use Bust the Dust with the main family I am playing with. I almost always play off the grid so this is really a waste of my money unless it gets fixed. Please address this ASAP because it's really bad for us off-the-grid players. Thank you Standard smile

Message 14 of 30 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is SO annoying!

Message 15 of 30 (1,266 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It would be nice if EA did an update to make the broom and dust pan from the laundry day pack to be functional for off-grid cleaning and maybe add a mop. 

Message 16 of 30 (1,228 Views)

★ Guide

I'm using a "mop the dust mod" from modthesims. It works great and doesn't require power for my off-the-grid sims. It's a better work around than upgrading a vacuum to use bits/pieces because you can even have sims autonomously mop. They never autonomously vacuum. Bust the dust should have come with a dustpan/broom option or a mop. The dust/broom would require new animations, but the mop already exists in the game. To make vacuums worth buying, mopping or using a broom should take longer to clean the dust.

Message 17 of 30 (1,126 Views)

★ Novice

I *really* hope this gets fixed soon because I play with multiple households and only some are off the grid, so it's a pain to keep turning dust on and off when switching between them

Message 18 of 30 (1,014 Views)

Upgraded vacuum cleaner doesn't work on Off-the-grid lot

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living,The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, My Wedding Stories, Perfect Patio stuff, Spooky stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade any vacuum cleaner with Self-Charging Power Cell and try to use it on an Off-the-grid lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot use any vacuum cleaner using the Self-Charging Power Cell upgrade on Off-the-grid lots.
What do you expect to see? A vacuum cleaner that as stated "No longer uses any power, works off-grid"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Self explanatory.

Message 19 of 30 (928 Views)

★ Guide
@bunnym1987 Right, like they did with the clutter book stacks making them function the same as bookshelves!
Message 20 of 30 (803 Views)