Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] [VGSP] Butler does not vacuum or dust

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a butler and let dust accumulate on any lot. Leave all types of cleaning supplies out (vacuum, robot vacuum, handheld vacuum).
What happens when the bug occurs? When I hire a butler, they never clean up the dust. Even when there is a vacuum in front of them or if I gift them a vacuum. They never clean up the dust. Automatic vacuums do not pick up dust and maids occasionally do.
What do you expect to see? I expect butlers to clean up the dust and keep a sparkling floor. Would be great if we could just direct the Butler to what we want them to clean (just like asking them to cook a meal, asking them to vacuum/dust or do laundry specifically would be great!)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Butlers will usually sit there and not do much of anything unless instructed even when there is dust piling up around them with dust bunnies. They don't even clean dust in their own designated living quarters.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

edit by OP (July 25) - even after updating and with all Sims 4 additions, without mods, the Butler still ignores dust bunnies. I’ve gifted the Butler a vacuum and a handheld vacuum - no luck. Maid also ignores dust bunnies, leaves for the day with plenty of dust bunnies on the floor. 

Message 1 of 23 (5,193 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] [VGSP] Butler does not vacuum or dust

★★ Guide
@crinrict quickly tested in a new save, with no mods (taken out the entire folder, and older saves, deleted the localthumbcache), and technically yes they vacuumed, but the new vacuum bug happens

View in thread

Message 22 of 23 (3,252 Views)

All Replies

Re: [BDK] [VGSP] Butler does not vacuum or dust

Hero
@tysamasaurus Did you already test on today's patch or just update ?

I doubt it makes much of a difference but it would be great if you could test anyways

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (5,172 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Unfortunately after updating (everything all patched and up to date) it seems that now my maid service also stopped vacuuming along with the butler never vacuuming. 

Message 3 of 23 (5,125 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just chiming in to share that your post is one month old and I'm still having this exact problem! Did anyone ever resolve this?

Message 4 of 23 (5,030 Views)

★ Apprentice
@mirandactyl I am still having this problem. Often the butler will just stand there as dust and dust bunnies pile up.
Message 5 of 23 (5,010 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well my butler also has not vacuumed for once neither, eventually I've started thinking it was an in-game feature! O.o

Message 6 of 23 (4,995 Views)

★★ Guide
@tysamasaurus I am having the same issue, but with the maids. In fact, no one can vacuum or dust, unless stuff isn't actually dusty.
Message 7 of 23 (4,948 Views)

★★ Novice

I play on windows and I have the same problem.

Message 8 of 23 (4,832 Views)

★ Novice
I am playing on PS5 and I also have this issue.
Message 9 of 23 (4,743 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] [VGSP] Butler does not vacuum or dust

★ Apprentice

Still having this issue on Mac. I’ve repaired the game and it’s completely up to date but no luck. 

Message 10 of 23 (4,494 Views)