[FIXED] [BDK] Still has effects even after I turned them off

by notloganhowlett

Original Post

Re: Disabling Kits

Hero
@NatThePlumbob I merged your post with the bug report on the disable option not working.

For the command line: Bust the dust is SP22. SP21 is the country kitchen. It shouldn't disable all three.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 37 (1,567 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Still has effects even after I turned them off

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem. I disabled the dust system under pack settings because the amount of dust and keeping the house clean are driving me crazy. After disabling, the game worked fine for a few sim days and then the buffs and dust bunny came back even with system disabled! I tried repair the game, but it still keeps coming back. I play my sim households rotationally from 2-7 sim days at a time. I am seeing this problem throughout all the households I played. 

Message 22 of 37 (1,472 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If anything, turning the dust system off seems to make it worse in my game.  Yesterday with the dust turned off: dust bunny popped in, stomped it, vacuumed, dust bunny popped in, stomped it, vacuumed, dust bunny popped in, stomped it, vacuumed and left the house before more could show up.  This was in the space of about 5 minutes real time.  Also, why is the sims default idle now to vacuum constantly (which by the way is not idle anything)?  They even stop whatever they are doing so they can vaccum. 

Message 23 of 37 (1,450 Views)

[BDK] Dust Bunnies and Dust Piles accumulate while kit is disabled

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything excluding Romantic Garden and Spooky stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Disable Bust the Dust kit under game settings -> pack settings
What happens when the bug occurs? When first disabled house becomes pristine, after less than 24 hours of in-game time there are piles of dust and dust bunnies appearing. We still have options to ask someone to help clean, or to check dust levels.
What do you expect to see? Dust the bust disabled properly, with no dust piles or bunnies, and no impact to the mood of the sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed all 3 new kits

I have been traveling between worlds, but have also confirmed after removal of all mods, that the kit was still disabled, floors were pristine and sparkling.  Playing from 3PM with Pristine floors, with no traveling to other lots or worlds, by 5AM we had dust bunnies and multiple piles of dust appear. 4 Sims in the household, 2 adults, 2 children, but again, I confirmed prior to starting that the pack is showing disabled. 

I have reenabled, disabled again, and restarted the game multiple times. I have to manually delete the dust and have the sim spend their valuable skill-building time vacuuming so they aren't tense from dirty surroundings. 

This issue has also persisted across 3 different homes this family has had in 3 different worlds. (San Myshuno, Evergreen Harbor and  Windenburg).

Message 24 of 37 (1,452 Views)

Re: [BDK] Still has effects even after I turned them off

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, I have tried that and unfortunately they return after a day or two in-game.
Message 25 of 37 (1,427 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve also had this problem and I have to restart my game any time I leave my lot for an extended period of time for it to work again. I’m beginning to feel like the magic dust fairy, jumping in and out of build mode to delete all the dust. 

Message 26 of 37 (1,413 Views)

Bust The Dust: Moodlet Bugs

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220 (most recent)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Vampires, Batu, Spooky Day (SP), Knitting (SP), MFPS (SP), CAS kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install Bust the Dust kit. (I've got the dust system disabled because it was too buggy for me)
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will receive tense/romantic/inspired moodlets from BtD kit, despite having the system turned off in settings. Has been occurring on non-residential lots (even the top of the mountain expedition from Snowy Escape). Also, conflicting moodlets have been stacking simultaneously (attached screenshot for reference)
What do you expect to see? I expect to not see the moodlets at all, since having the gameplay disabled, especially not in inapplicable areas.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I would really love to be able to play with this pack, but the system is incredibly disruptive to regular gameplay. 

Message 27 of 37 (1,391 Views)

Re: Bust The Dust: Moodlet Bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just to update everyone here.  The dust piles seem to rack up behind the scenes, if the option does work.  You won't see them, but if you use the robot vacuums from the pets pack, it will vacuum them up.  It also crashes every now and then because of that.  Disabling the pack was the best option for me so far, I've explained how to do so in numerous posts in this thread and so has a hero.  You'll hear the dreaded noise of a dust bunny spawning and not find it, but it will still be there, apparently.  And as your robot vacuum (rhoomba) is riding around, it may just crash to desktop, no errors or anything.  After disabling the pack entirely, the crashes went away.  I don't know if this would happen if the pack is not disabled in options, as since I first downloaded the pack and my life turned into just vacuuming up dust, I have tried repeatedly to disable it through that option checkmark and uncheckmarking it, at this point I don't even know which enables the pack or doesn't.  I think no checkmark means it is not turned on.  I just disable it in the command line parameters (sorry console users) and game runs fine with no issues.  I really want this pack to work, I like the idea of it, I just want it to at least get some quality testing with it.  Any quality testing to be honest.  Why is the dust so much for one sim that they have no life other than vacuuming?  Why won't it disable properly in options?  What sort of quality testing was actually put into this pack... err kit, before it was released?  And how come this pack works fine for a lot of others, apparently?  I don't understand.  I don't use mods, I don't use cheats, I don't use custom content, and I've done far more hours of trying to fix this than it seems EA/Maxis did in testing it, and I can't figure it out.  I'm a bit upset about it, so take my little negativity with a grain of salt.  I just hope it gets fixed and I feel for those on console experiencing this.

Message 28 of 37 (1,358 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the existing packs except for Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new save and turn off the dust kit features
What happens when the bug occurs? Dust bunnies, dust piles and moodlets related to dirtiness and cleanliness still appear
What do you expect to see? I expect the save file to not have any Bust the Dust related features: no dust, no dust bunnies and etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought Bust the Dust kit.

I have Bust the Dust kit disabled in my save, and yet I have dust piling up, dust bunnies showing up, and moodlets related to the kit appearing in that save. It should definitely be fixed.bust the dust.jpg

Message 29 of 37 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've found that the Dust gameplay re-enabling itself after it's disabled in Options coincides with another object getting dirty, like a sink or a counter (things like puddles and trash piles don't seem to do it). As soon as the object gets dirty, I get the "clean floor" moodlet and the sound, and then within a few Sim hours, the dust starts to show up.

I've discovered that if I clean the object, then quit & re-launch the game before the dust shows up, the clean floor moodlet is gone and the dust doesn't come back (until next time).

I tested the dirty objects triggering the moodelet by using the debug cheat to make a sink dirty, and the moodlet did indeed appear, though I didn't stick around to see if the dust followed before re-launching.

I'd love to play this pack, but it takes over the Sims' lives in its current implementation. (I also think it would be nice if it was implemented like Laundry Day: no dust until you have a vacuum cleaner. Brooms would be good too for sims trying to live low-tech lives.)

Message 30 of 37 (1,309 Views)