Re: [BDK] Still has effects even after I turned them off

by Citysim9997

Original Post

★★★ Pro

Hi, can you test it with the Delgato Family in Brindleton? I test it with this family and after 3 days I heard the silly sound and bam I have the inspired buff. (I run it with speed 3 completely autonomy on an no controlling sims)

With my Vampire I do not encounter the buff/dust if the setting disabled. But this was a tiny home and only one sim.

Message 11 of 37 (1,250 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Did it.  Made a new save, created the stupid default sim with random, moved them into some empty lot in that area.  Saved, went out, selected the family you wanted.  Then let it run for about 33 minutes straight, on full autonomy, which took them from Sunday to Saturday.  A dog ran away, came back, got taken away by the animal police.  The husband nearly lost his job twice.  The one kid, Evie or something, almost got taken away 3 times.  They both got to parenting 3.  One kid got discplined in school.  Another kid wanted to be a ninja, I selected hiding is most important.  One lost their toy and I made them look for it more.  Anyways, I recorded the whole thing, over the 33 minutes.

Did not get a single dust pile, dust bunny, or anything.  This is with the Bust the Dust kit installed, and disabled only through the option menu.

So, yes, what I did seems to have fixed it.  If you want the video, I can upload it somewhere, if it isn't like 100 gigs.  Just checked, the video is 1 gig, I can probably compress it using handbrake and throw it on youtube or something.  If you really need to see it.  However, it is fixed for me.

Message 12 of 37 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Thank you for reply and test it. Your solution is at least a solution for pc players. Console gamers have once again bad luck. I will try your steps for my vanilla game and hope this works!

Message 13 of 37 (1,219 Views)

Kit Issue

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have them all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you turn off the dust aspect of the game, they dust will still appear
What happens when the bug occurs? They dust doesn’t stop
What do you expect to see? Dust and dust bunnies when you turn it off
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I bought the kits and they dust pack had the dust appear too often when I was playing a 100 Baby Challenge so I turned it off only for it to constantly appear.  They dust and dust bunnies will not stop.  Help.

Message 14 of 37 (1,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@JeraSpitesGood heavens! It sounds like a nightmare just to get it disabled.

So glad I didn't get this kit, much as I like the idea of making my Sims vacuum, or at least having a vacuum cleaner gathering dust in a hall closet.

Actually, I'm kinda scared to get any new packs of any kind now.

Why can't EA release anything that doesn't create more bugs than we already have?

Message 15 of 37 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't own the BDK, and everyday is blessing to me than I made the right decision. I've haven't never enjoy my game so much, knowing I don't have a annoying feature that many other players do. 

But how does a a simple little pack have so many problems, EP I can understand, but hang-on, did they even test the BDK kit at all, even for a few minutes?

Message 16 of 37 (1,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Sadly, @JeraSpites solution does not work with my new vanilla game. The trigger was the maid with her vacuum. First, I got buffs after a while I got bunnies / dust piles. I test it with another family and use the vacuum from Cats&Dogs here and was the same. First buff after a while bunnies and dust.

I read that tiny homes and haunted residentials are safe but just because the team forget to add the dust system! (My vampire lives in a tiny home and has not a single problem! Now I know why!) This was the last straw (and the problem with kitchen stuff that I should buy it again to use it!) I am a very frustrated customer, and we are not beta tester for this game.

Message 17 of 37 (1,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@daikoyu 
It came back for me too.  However, if I checkmark it on, apply, exit the menu, then open the menu again, checkmark it off, apply, and exit the menu, it goes away for a long time, then I hear that evil sound of something, and I have to do it again.  It's not common enough to be an annoyance anymore.  And doing the checkmark thing, erases them, doesn't erase the buffs, but it does get rid of all dust and dust bunnies and everything else.  And the buffs wear off quickly enough, with the way I play.  So, my fix isn't a fix anymore.  It didn't come back at all, until I made a new sim in my old save in create sim mode and moved the sim into a lot in Willow Creek.  I bulldozed the house and built a cheap new one, and then about 5 days later, that noise and a dust pile appeared.  However, the command line option of "-disablepacks:SP22" does disable the whole pack everywhere.  If you're not using the origin launcher, you just add it to the end of your shortcut to run the game.  Like, if your shortcut says --

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe"

Then make it say --

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe" -disablepacks:SP22

If you do use origin launcher then do what is shown in the file I am attaching.

This doesn't FIX the pack, it just disables it, as if it was never installed.  Which is the only way I know of at this time, of avoiding the bug entirely, until they fix it.  If they fix it.  I've learned to just do what I stated above, checkmark the option on, apply, checkmark it off, apply, and it goes away for a long while.

Disabling it is also changed easily if you want to turn it back on, just erase the commandline parameter and the pack is on again, if they do indeed apply a patch.  it doesn't require erasing the whole game and reinstalling it without the kit.  You can also do it with other packs, but the numbers are different, I don't know if we're allowed to include links.  However if you do a simple google search for "james turner disable packs" it has a little web tool that allows you to click which packs you want disabled and you just cut and paste the whole line it gives you.

Message 18 of 37 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Thank you Jera for your help but i buyed it so i should use it =).

Edit: You should never write in rage – I use now roombas and the system is now okey for me in my vanilla game. I would still like if I can it turn off for some familys.

Message 19 of 37 (1,014 Views)

Disabling Kits

★★ Novice

I recently purchased all three of the new Sims 4 kits. After a few minutes of gameplay, I got quickly annoyed with the Bust the Dust kit. I headed to my game settings, and disabled "Enable Dust System" hoping it would stop allowing dust to spawn in my house. However, I realized that this actually only slowed down the dust regeneration and that dust bunnies and dust fiends still spawn within the household. At this point, I'm desperate. I even tried to launch the game by disabling the pack through Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options -> Command Line Arguments -> and entering "-disablepacks:SP21" to ONLY disable the Bust The Dust kit. After starting my game, I realized it disabled every single one of my newly purchased kits. 

Is there any way to play the game without the kit? It has essentially ruined my gameplay experience. 

Message 20 of 37 (968 Views)