[FIXED] [BDK] Rage Cleaning (Dust disabled)

by AbramsTank369

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] Rage Cleaning (Dust disabled)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It just randomly appears, but it seems to be only when bust the dust is disabled does it appear constantly
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets angry and stays angry
What do you expect to see? Make it stop
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have Bust the Dust but I disabled it but I’m constantly getting angry moodlets from “rage cleaning” 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (2,462 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Rage Cleaning (Dust disabled)

Hero

Sims no longer get the "Rage Cleaning" angry moodlet when Bust the Dust is disabled.

Fixed in Patch 1.85.203/1.55

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (903 Views)

All Replies

Re: Rage Cleaning

Hero
@AbramsTank369 Does it appear when you clean the potty like this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cleaning-Toddler-Potty-causes-Rage-Cleaning-Moodlet/td-p/10368... `?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No it happens randomly, when I’m not even cleaning. I can be cooking dinner and RAGE CLEAN. Taking a bath? Rage clean! 

Message 3 of 9 (2,403 Views)

Glitch or Nothing

★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this is significant or not. If it's been reported. But when I play the Sims 4 and my sim is a neat sim. Gets the angry rage buff when she does a cleaning frenzy. Makes no sense to have that trait and get that buff/moodlet. Also sims are running in my sim house. I thought that was fixed. 

Message 4 of 9 (2,201 Views)

★ Guide

It happens to me too.... It's really annoying. My sim s a neat sim so she likes to clean but she always gets angry afterwards.... It doesn't really matter what she cleans either. 

I have the bust the dust kit as well but disabled it. It happened every single time after I disabled it. 

I don't like when my sims always have to sniff the air when they walk into a room while it's enabled... so i disabled it... but now they always get angry after cleaning... 

I'm starting to get so annoyed with the sims.... There are way too many bugs

Message 5 of 9 (1,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The problem here is that the toggle not really work. I think if you toggle it off it set the state to dirty/filthy or maybe the system runs along but only hidden from the player. If you use any action as vacuum or let the cat ride the robot vacuum, you get the dust moodlet and after a while other problem as dust piles and bunnies. So, I think a neat sim *know* that the room is filthy because is the standard setting if the dust toggle off.

I agree, sniffing is too often in a vanilla game. If you want to use mods you have plenty options LittleMsSam, Zero, ModTheSims or my favourite from lotharihoe -> Better Reactions -> Better Environment Reactions. It doesn’t disable the animation but make it smoother and tone it down (Sims walks now if they use animations and don’t stop for play the animation + dust idle has a longer cooldown bevor it play again, now i like it... just not in a vanilla game)

Message 6 of 9 (1,843 Views)

[BDK] Rage moodlet when dust is turned off

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything/all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim clean anything when Bust the Dust's dust system is disabled (it may take some tries since it seems to be random)
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets the Rage Cleaning moodlet as if the house were filthy
What do you expect to see? No moodlets related to Bust the Dust when it's disabled
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is easier to see with Sims that have the Neat trait since they start cleaning spontaneously without things needing to be dirty, but I've gotten it with many different types of Sims.

I get it most often on toilets, but it's also happened on sinks and stoves; I don't know if there's any connection. It is the same as this bug report but much broader than just Toddler pottys and less frequent.

Something I just noticed since disabling the pack via the Game Properties is that the "clean" command was the only one available at all times when I had it installed--now that it's uninstalled, my Neat sims have "Polish to Perfection," "Clean Lightly," and similar cleaning-related prompts again. I think this is probably related.

Message 7 of 9 (1,683 Views)

★★★ Guide

Experiencing this myself, been playing on a new, mod-free save, with dust turned off from the start.

Sim is not a Neat Sim, and cleaning tasks are washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen counter.

Also, it seems that if you get a maid, and they use a vacuum on a puddle (if you have a leaking sink, or a puddle from one) they get stuck vacuuming the same spot for hours and then eventually just take their money and leave. Some time after a maid uses a vacuum, dust piles and dust bunnies begin spawning.

Message 8 of 9 (1,457 Views)

Hero

Sims no longer get the "Rage Cleaning" angry moodlet when Bust the Dust is disabled.

Fixed in Patch 1.85.203/1.55

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (904 Views)