Re: [OPEN] [BDK] No Dust Appearing on Residential Lots

by JessicaMP2004

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I haven't been to replicate the fix.  I don't know if its because I leave the sim lot before the three days is up but EA needs to fix this or refund us the money since the kit is obviously broken beyond use.  While I appreciate someone got it to work and posted their method, I don't think it should be marked as a solution and EA should focus on fixing their kits and packs before releasing new ones.  This is so frustrating. 

Message 61 of 154 (2,534 Views)

Bust the Dust not Working

★★★★ Novice

Since the July update, my houses no longer get dusty, and my sims have both the sparkling clean and someone lives here moodlets. In the houses that had dust in them before the patch, that dust does not disappear regardless of how many times I vacuum. 

Message 62 of 154 (2,427 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed in latest update.

Message 63 of 154 (2,421 Views)

Re: Bust the Dust not Working

Hero (Retired)

@cr8201 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 64 of 154 (2,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The gameplay aspect of Bust the Dust Kit is still completely broken.  I did not purchase this kit to only be able to use the appliances.  There still isn't any dust or dust bunnies.  I've always kept this enabled because I enjoy the gameplay associated with this kit. 

And yes, it is completely broken even in a new save.  All I see are Sparkles.  This is a kit for goodness sakes and the main gameplay feature does not work.    

Message 65 of 154 (2,302 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed 🤔

Message 66 of 154 (2,169 Views)

★★ Guide
@Maryline1980

The kit has been fixed, the problem is in the game settings that are not working.
You will get more information here where I explain the problem. Fears, fame, aging (world), neighborhood stories, animals aging, all of this isn't working out right.

The problem
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Wants-Fears-toggle-stops-working-after-travelling/m-p/118...

Fame
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Sims-gaining-fame-eventhough-they-are-out-of-the/m-p/1...

I'm from Brazil and my English isn't very good, I'm sorry if something sounded wrong. Hope this helps.
Message 67 of 154 (2,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Neechan1 wrote:

Okay, I made a mistake and amending a statement I made with the BTD kit, It can accumulate on old saves after 2-3 days on the lot.

After a lot of testing, what I had to do to fix it is this. You have to do it this way or it won't work.

(snip)

**edit 2: the dust system does not stick after saving and quitting (after leaving the BTD system on) this is because the game turns it off, despite it looking like it’s on.

it does stick if you leave the lot, come back and turn the system off and on. (Without quitting the game)

If you followed the steps, it will stay for the current gameplay session, if you follow your sim to work or travel, it’ll turn off, so you can reenable it without quitting)

This is a temporary workaround, but it works; the team will need to find out why it’s not remembering the choice.

Product
: The Sims 4

Platform: PC, Windows 10
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All besides: High School Years, Wedding Stories, Werewolfs, Journey to Batu, Blooming Rooms Kit, Carnaval Streetwear Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Decor to the Max Kit, Fashion Street Kit, First Fists Kit, Incheon Arrivals Kit, Little Campers Kit, Modern Menswear Kit, Moonlight Chic Kit, Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? No dust appears in a household despite me playing the household for about 2 weeks.
What do you expect to see? Dust appearing on residental lots/houses after a few days.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now, I removed them
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Can't remember exactly, but it's probably broken since the patch that came before the relese of the Werewolf Pack that broke so many things. The kit worked before.

While the workaround posted by Neechan1 in this thread worked for me in a test save, in a real gameplay it doesn't. In a test save I managed to get dust after applying the workaround, but in this test save I did't leave the lot for 3 days after turning the dust system on again. 

In a real gameplay scenario though I never stay on a lot longer than 1 or 2 days before I travel somewhere else. I've turned the dust system off and on again in the settings after returning to the lot, as recommended by the workaround, but this doesn't work for me. There's still no dust. However if turning the dust system off and on again after traveling always resets the "dust gathering counter", dust still cannot gather, since I usually leave the lot again after 1 or 2 days.

In my current gameplay save, which I've played for at least 2 weeks, I haven't seen any dust so far, despite using the workaround and trying to remember to turn the dust system on and off after traveling.

What I haven't tried is apply the workaround in a new test save, travel, return, turn the dust off and on again and then stay on the lot for 3 days. But honestly, I am tired of constantly testing bugs in the Sims 4. I just want to play the game with the Bust the Dust Kit I've payed for and currently it isn't working.

In short, the dust system is still completely broken.

Edit: While it is awesome that @Neechan1 found the workaround, in a real gameplay this workaround isn't usable, because it requires the Sims essentially never to leave a lot for Bust the Dust to work. This is just not feasible. This thread/bug shouldn't be marked as "This topic has an AHQ-community solution".

Message 68 of 154 (1,957 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I so appreciate the community finding fixes for this but this is a lot of effort for something that should just work! I understand a few weeks adjustment after the July pack but at this point the kit is entirely useless. I want more gameplay kits but it's also unfair that a lot of folks bough this and it's only feature is broken making it moot. 

Message 69 of 154 (1,911 Views)

Dust System doesn't work!

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - Cats and Dogs; City Living; Cottage Living; Discover University; ECO Lifestyle; Get Famous; Get To Work; Get Together; Island Living; Seasons; Snowy Escape; - Dine Out; Jungle Adventure; Outdoor Retreat; Parenthood; Realm of Magic; SPA Day; Journey to Batuu; Strangeville; Vampires; - Backyard Stuff; Bowling Night Stuff; Cool Kitchen Stuff; Fitness; Kidsroom; Laundry day; Luxury Party; Moshino; Hang Out; My First Pet; Nifty Knitting; Perffrect Patio; Romantic Garden; Spooky; Tiny Living; Toddler; Vintage Glamour; - Bust The Dust, Dessert Luxe Kit; Fashion Street Kit; Incheon Arrivals; Modern Manswear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dust System continue do not work! Create new Sim and use game feature to move it into the new Lot, where no another Sims are there. The Dust will never appear on that lot. It always stays clean. If I turn off the game feature in game menu and turn on immediately again, the dust start to work but only per game session. As soon I quit the game and log in back, the dust stops to work again. This happened only on the lot where I move in my Sims. On pre-made lots it works. Th dust system doesn't update in "move-in" lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Condition of the lot is always clean and doesn't change with the time at all. I have played several Sim weeks and there are no changes.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see dust and dust bunnies within one or 2 Sim weeks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Past that patch this issue is happening. I did no changes to my system. I have repaired my game, created new folder and a new save in this folder. No mods and I use suggested game options in game menu with dust ON. Update 07/26/2022 PC: 1.90.358.1030 / Mac: 1.90.358.1230 Console: Version 1.61

Dust system doesn't work and in house it is always clean. This happens in empty house, where I move in my new household from CAS. House has no previous or pre-made Sims inside while I move in with the family. I moved in my household in a free standard starter home in Willow Creek.

Message 70 of 154 (1,880 Views)