[OPEN] [BDK] My sim won’t vacuum

by Martimcfly003

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] My sim won’t vacuum

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this helps - since I am playing on PC -, but I found out that the game only counts a given space as "indoors" only when it is encased from ALL sides with FULL walls AND a ceiling. Anything else - half-walls, fences; any outside-facing wall or ceiling missing - it treats as "outdoors", which, in turn, breaks vacuuming. The sims won't use their vauums, and the robot vacuums cannot be placed - as they need to be placed "indoors". 

Message 21 of 29 (3,529 Views)

★★ Novice

I think what Pooltastik is suggesting is what the problem is. I, too, have the issue of being unable to vacuum on lofted areas but am able to on my third floor which is enclosed.

SOLUTION: You don't actually have to disable the pack completely. Just uncheck "dust" settings, go into Live mode and see that it's clean, then re-enable them. It cleans the place instantly, so if you love dust bunnies you can eventually build them back up and try to upkeep the place better. I believe this is the best solution for now, until/if EA fixes the pack.

Message 22 of 29 (3,468 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Martimcfly003 I am having the exact same issue. I haven’t played TS4 since August 2021. I have no mods or CC. My house is completely enclosed, full walls and ceiling. I have tried multiple saves (old and new) as well as different cities etc. my sims walk into a room complain about the dust then so nothing.
Message 23 of 29 (3,155 Views)

★★ Pro

Does anything in this kit work though? :D

Message 24 of 29 (3,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's been a year and you still can't vacuum lofted areas. 

Message 25 of 29 (3,020 Views)

★★ Guide

My house has three floors. The first and second floor is no problem, the Sims are able to vacuum and the dust disapears. 

But on the third floor the Sims cannot vacuum. They try once but fail. And then the option for vacuuming is gone and instead there is the option to empty the vacuum cleaner. But no matter how many times my Sims empty this thing, the vacuume option doesn't come back.

The upstairs is fully enclosed with walls and ceiling. You can see the difference by the lights, because the lights would be different if there was a hole somewhere hidden.

The only solution I found is to build another tiny room inside this room, teleport the Sim inside and let him do the vacuum job. After that the floor is clean.

This may be a temporary solution, bus it is not ideal because first you always have to have the room and the money to build another room and when deleting it you have to delete it one by one wall to make sure you're not deleting anything importand in that room.

I really hope that this will get fixed soon! Even with mods this happens...

Message 26 of 29 (2,860 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having the same issue. Lot is on the wedding world. (Can't remember the name at the moment.) It doesn't seem to be fixed yet. I will probably have to disable the pack in order for my sims to stop being so angry about it being dirty. Picking up the dust and smooshing dust bunnies doesn't seem to make it any less dirty,

Message 27 of 29 (2,810 Views)

★ Guide

I’m having the same issue upstairs with a lot in Tartosa!

Sims walk to the spot I clicked but do not vacuum. So frustrating.

Message 28 of 29 (2,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No. Bust the Dust is, ironically, busted. It isn't going to be patched. You just have to use the workarounds that community members here have suggested, if you like your dust bunnies.

Message 29 of 29 (1,008 Views)