by vKaMov

Original Post

[OPEN] [BDK] My sim won’t vacuum

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38.184.3400(64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets Seasons Paranormal Bust the dust up (having problems with this one) Free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make it so my sim can actually clean the dust, and not just walk to where you tell them to vacuume and just stand there.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to clean up the dust or the dust bunnies and when my sim goes up to it, she lags and goes into a T pose and glitches back to normal. Everytime I try to vacuum she glitches. Or another problem of mine is i have an upstairs loft area and I CANT CLEAN IT!! I have tried everything down to REDOING THE UPSTAIRS! Removing walls, floors, moving the house, moving to another lot. I have tried all my hardest and the dust remains. I will click on the floor and click vacuum and she will go to the area I clicked and then just proceed to stand there, doing nothing. I have also restarted the game four times and even restarted my ps4 but still can’t clean that DUST! I was really excited about the kit and I didn’t even get to slightly enjoy it cause it started right away.. please help meeee!
What do you expect to see? I hope to see that the dust will disappear when I vacuum it, and I hope to see the sims actually clean the dust and not go into T pose or just stand there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Help me 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, added Tag

Message 1 of 29 (29,363 Views)

Re: My sim won’t vacuum (sims4 dust kit)

Hero
@Martimcfly003 Could you test if it's limited to the house you're playing to see if it's something about the house ?

Meaning: Please test another house (for testing purposes) to see if the same issue occurs.

If it's just this house, could you add a gallery link to the house or post the name/user name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (29,322 Views)

Re: [BDK] My sim won’t vacuum

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Living in the Eco Lifestyle apartments, sims will only vacuum the common areas. When I click somewhere on the floor, they go there and just stand, complaining. I had to turn dust off because they were always tense and embarrassed when having people over. Fortunately turning it off worked for me, since I've seen many comments saying it didn't work for others. Would love to play with dust if it worked. 

Message 3 of 29 (29,278 Views)

★ Novice

I have the complete opposite problem my sim, on consol. My sim will cancel whatever he’s doing and start vacuuming even when the house is clean. The only way to fix it is for me to take away the vacuum from their inventory. Another issue I found with the dust kit is when I turn it off dust and dust bunnies still appear. I’ve reset my game tried different files but it’s still an issue 

Message 4 of 29 (28,926 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue with my loft. My sim vacuumed one time upstairs in the loft, then the dust appeared and she won't vacuum. I bought a handheld vacuum to see if that was the issue, but it still won't work. Now both vacuums have the "Empty Vacuum" option on them and no matter how many times I empty them, she still won't vacuum the loft area but will vacuum downstairs in the kitchen/living room area. 

Message 5 of 29 (28,729 Views)

★ Novice

Me too. Two different household, cities and lot types!

Message 6 of 29 (28,260 Views)

★★ Novice

Had the same issue, tried to clean my room but my sims just go and stand there. Then I tried to put my vacuum out from the inventory and discovered my vacuum had to be repaired!

Message 7 of 29 (27,675 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have that too. My sims will vacuum downstairs with no problem, but do nothing on upstairs loft. 

Message 8 of 29 (27,585 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yes exactly same here! I keep repairing it and it just keeps breaking instantly, even selling the vacuum and buying a new one doesn't work. And cheat - reset object (debug) does not fix anything.
Message 9 of 29 (27,415 Views)

SIM will not vacuum

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets/pet stuff, city living, university, eco, get famous, work, island living, seasons, dine out, outdoor retreat, parenthood, spa day, strangerville, backyard stuff, kitchen stuff, kids room stuff, laundry, knitting, patio stuff, tiny living, toddler,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make it so the sims actually clean
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I get my sim to vacuum they go up to the spot I clicked and then they don’t do anything, the house is so dirty it’s making them tense but they can’t clean I’ve tried moving furniture around, buying different vacuums and I even moved to a new house in a different world and nothing changed
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims vacuum when I tell them to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Another thing I have noticed is sometimes I’ll tell them to vacuum they will go to the spot I tell them to then they will go outside and vacuum the grass for approx 1 second then stops 

Message 10 of 29 (26,933 Views)