Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] Maid doesn't clean dust

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? live in the evergreen harbor's container house off-the-grid, hire a maid
What happens when the bug occurs? maid doesn't clean enough, house is still dusty, bunnies still pop around
What do you expect to see? with a maid hired i expect the house to be 100% percent clean monday-friday, no dust, no bunnies, maybe some dust on saturday and maybe a bunny on sundays every 3 years or so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There's dust.

Everywhere.

I have at least two bunnies, one on the lower floor, one on the upper.

Maid comes, there's still dust after it goes away and bunnies pop out during the night.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 24 (16,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LL] [BDK] Maid doesn't clean dust

Hero

Those adorable - but filthy - Dust Bunnies were at it again! Maids didn’t have the heart to bust the dust completely. We told them it was ok to do so as no real bunnies are being harmed - just dust ones - and now they should be busting the dust entirely.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (10,313 Views)

All Replies

Re: [BDK] Maid doesn't fully clean house

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm attaching some screenshots.

Sometimes, the maid comes, says he's done before cleaning any dust, leaves.

On other days, it wipes only one patch of dust from one floor, but the whole dust (living room, kitchen, bathroom etc) disappears, except for the upper/lower floor (depending on which floor was the maid located). It says done, goes away.

On others, it wipes but the dust won't go away, it forms bunnies, says it's done, bye-bye.

Message 2 of 24 (16,356 Views)

Sims 4 cleaning service won't clean dusty floor

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Order a cleaning service over 2. Wait for them to arrive 3. Watch them doing their thing
What happens when the bug occurs? The cleainging service will ignore the dusty floor and just remove the... dust piles(?)
What do you expect to see? The cleaining service will clean every dusty floor on every level of the house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know what to type here XD

Message 3 of 24 (16,293 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cleaning service won't clean dusty floor

Hero
@GER_Yeetus Bit unsure if you need a vacuum cleaner at all but do you have one ?

Merged with another thread on complaints of the maid not cleaning dust

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (16,283 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict what do you mean with "Do you have one"? My sim has one in his inventory but I don't have access to the cleaning personal's inventory. How should I give it to them?
Message 5 of 24 (16,260 Views)

Hero
@GER_Yeetus Just put it out somewhere on the lot. I haven't personally tried with a maid

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (16,250 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just watched my sim's maid walk in, take out the trash, and leave.  His house is filled with dust, he doesn't own a vacuum though.  I figured I could just hire a maid because he doesn't have time to clean up after himself.  

Message 7 of 24 (16,113 Views)

Re: [BDK] Maid doesn't clean dust

★ Guide

I got this issue after they fix the bust the dust kit autonomy. The maid always leave the lot eventhough they haven't clean the dust.

Message 8 of 24 (16,017 Views)

Re: [BDK] Maid doesn't clean dust

★ Guide

I am having the exact same problem. Both the maid and Bonehilda simply ignore the dust on the floor. They don't even use the vacuum cleaners available in the house.

Message 9 of 24 (15,945 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Maid doesn't clean dust

★★★★ Apprentice

I get that in any neighborhood, whatever the lot traits. I've never seen the maid clean the dust. Ever.

Are EA sure they put that in there ? Maybe they just forgot. Wondering

Message 10 of 24 (15,845 Views)