Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dust kit, laundry, seasons etc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims enter the house with a sparkling floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do the smelling animation when the floor is sparkling clean even if there's dog poop and dirty counters and laundry around. They do the smelling animation too much, it's getting annoying. Fine sparkling surroundings do not go away when things like counters/sinks are dirty. There's still that "sparkling clean surroundings" moodlet even if there's a cat poop, as long as the floor has no dust lol
What do you expect to see? Lessen or completely remove the smelling animation. No sparkling surrounding moodlet if other things like counters are dirty.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

, merged Sims do the smelling animation when the floor is sparkling clean even if there's dog poop and dirty counters and laundry around. They do the smelling animation too much, it's getting annoying. Fine sparkling surroundings do not go away when things like counters/sinks are dirty. There's still that "sparkling clean surroundings" moodlet even if there's a cat poop, as long as the floor has no dust

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, merged thread with 3 me toos

Message 1 of 39 (8,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [BDK] Excessive smelling of surroundings even when dirty

Hero

*Sniff Sniff* Sims will perform the smelling animation the appropriate amount when their environment is dirty. No one likes a dirty litter box!

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 39 of 39 (3,184 Views)

All Replies

Re: Excessive smelling of surroundings even if there's garbage everywhere (Dust

Hero
@hellothere1234 You're bug report is a bit odd and the first template and the report seem to have nothing to do with each other (different version numbers, different platform).

Please make the report about one issue only and make a new thread for your other issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 39 (8,643 Views)

★★★ Novice

edited it

Message 3 of 39 (8,635 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here, my sim will make this smelling animation everytime he gets in a different room (or when he forgot and start doing somethingelse without smelling, he will teleport to the entrance of the room and smell and then teleport again where he was, it's very immerssion breaker and it happens very often) sometimes he will cancel an order or stop what he is doing just to smell the room.

I precise that I don't use any mods

Message 4 of 39 (8,598 Views)

Hero
@hellothere1234 I'm not sure if the garbage is supposed to affect the environment for bust the dust if it's clean of dust or not but I think you're mainly reporting the animation being excessive ?

@Jean94II Are you reporting the excessiveness of the animation or also that dirty stuff lying around doesn't affect the moodlet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 39 (8,581 Views)

Not a bug but would like to see it less often

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Ep09.99
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except my first pets stuff, Spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever a sim gets to the level of the task they are doing
What happens when the bug occurs? It’s not a really bug but I think it’s a bit much that every time a sim gets to the floor that their task is on they stop to admire the smell because the room is clean. It just slows down my sims.
What do you expect to see? Maybe sims occasionally admiring the smell? Or maybe it’s just a moodlet for them and then don’t need to do this action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not trying to be annoying, just a feature I don’t particularly care for. I love the vacuum addition to the game as we’ve never seen this in the sims before, but this feature seems to get in the way. Also it would be nice if vacuums wouldn’t automatically go into sims inventory after use. It would be nice if they stayed in their inventory after use if you put it there I guess? It just seems silly that all of my sims have to have a vacuum in their inventory if I don’t want to have to switch the vacuum between sims. Thank you for all the hard work put into this game!! <3 

Message 6 of 39 (8,559 Views)

Re: Not a bug but would like to see it less often

When I read the title, I instantly knew what it was about. ^^

Once a day would be good for the dust-smelling, I think. I get the sentiment behind it and it is a cute animation but it gets a bit much when they stop to admire the floor every single time no matter how many things need to be don around the house. 

Message 7 of 39 (8,545 Views)

Re: Not a bug but would like to see it less often

★★ Guide

I agree. They should minimize it. They do that animation every time they enter the house. Like when they just take out the trash, and they enter the house then they do that smelling animation again. It's really irritating. That's why I just turn on/off the pack whenever I like. Right now it's turned off. But I wish they will improve it.

And I wish there's an option to remove the sparkling effects when the house is clean, because it's distracting. 

Message 8 of 39 (8,523 Views)

Bust The Dust Sniffing

★★★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with dust effects turned on
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims stop to sniff the air every time they go up or downstairs
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to go about their lives without stopping to sniff the air all the time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

This is driving me round the bend! Why did anyone think it was a good idea to add sniffing the air to the dust pack?

This is not happening on a rare, random occasion. Every single time my sims go up or downstairs they do it. Sometimes, if I have a bend in the stairs, they will even stop half way down to sniff. It is seriously slowing them down when they move about the house.

Message 9 of 39 (8,552 Views)

Re: Bust The Dust Sniffing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

sadly, I think this is not a bug. I think rather this sniffing is by design. The Team must love this animation, really love it.

This animation is especially great if you have guests. Your sim invites they in and then all sims including your sims start sniffing synchron! Oh, you bring the trash out? Cool, I sniff now if I come back. Short Gardening? Yeah, sniff it if I enter my house! I need to go upstair to care for my son, who is in floor 2... stop! I need to sniff! Cool, he need food I just go to the first-floor and..... moment I need to sniff! Why I am down here again? I forgot it! My toddler cries so I must go... wait I need to sniff! After that I disabled the dust-system. No worry, disable don’t work, so you still have your dust bunnies and buffs.

LittleMsSam/Zero have both mods to change this behaviour. Zero(Dust Sh*te -> No Route Events) disable it complete and LittleMsSam(RandomSmallMods->Less Idle Animation) changed it that sims only use the idle if the place is filthy.

For all player who don’t want to use mods or disable the system... you have my greatest respect.

Message 10 of 39 (8,531 Views)