by simvasion

Original Post

[OPEN] [BDK] Dust piles reset sims/dust and maid cant complete vaccuming

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to vaccum pile of dust, or hire a maid so she can try to vaccum a pile of dust.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims that try to vaccum a pile of dust, will reset automatically, and the dust on the same level will reset as well as all the dust piles/bunnies. When you have hired a maid, its indefinite vaccum/reset cycle and she cant complete to vaccum and eventually goes away, job not completed.
What do you expect to see? When a sims/maid/buttler try to vaccum a pile de dust, it actually vaccum the entire floor and reduce the dust state on this level of the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.82.99.1030 ALthough I have notice it after this patch, because I hired a maid, but I know it was like this since a much longer time. When I vaccumed, I was only avoiding dust pile because of that, now, maid will vaccum but will end up in a loop reset/vaccum and go from one floor to the other, always looking for those buggy dust piles.

Please fix this, because the maid fixe was appreciated, but rather useless if they can't finish their job.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 26 (2,465 Views)

Re: Dust piles reset sims/dust and maid cant complete vaccuming

Hero
@Francoisf30 Do you have any LastExceptions with the reset ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (2,456 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict No, I don't, I took a video, but its too big to post in the forum. No LastExceptions notification, just the sims resetting once they try to vaccum the dust piles. They don't even have the time to get their vaccum out, and they reset. Maid will go for hours, from one floor to another trying to vaccum those dust piles, but aint working.
Message 3 of 26 (2,453 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Using the vacuum works just fine in my game. Have you tried to start the process by clicking on a free spot on the floor (not directly on a pile or bunny)?

Message 4 of 26 (2,441 Views)

Hero
@Francoisf30 Did you test just one house or multiple to see if it's something about the house itself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 26 (2,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Tested in a new save with no mods in the starter home across the bar in the cottage world.

A dust bunny and a pile appeared in the living room, called the maid. they picked up the pile, walked around, and left.

I didn't stare at them the entire time but found it odd that the floor level was still dusty.

thought the bunny maybe was in a weird spot.

Removed all furniture, except for a dog bowl in the guest room, placed bunny, and waited for the game to generate another one or a dust pile.

when that happened I called a butler this time. he came and sat down and started to read. 

before I got to reprimand him he walked up to the first bunny and the dust pile in the guest room.

vacuums the pile, but bunny 1 stays, walks out in the living room to bunny 2. as he walks out, bunny 1 disappears but reappears in the living room with a pile a second later. butler takes the vacuum in and out, I barely see it. then a bunny and pile pops up and goes again a few times in the living room, really fast.
Then the butler does nothing

I think that is what OP means with resetting, it isn't a T pose reset or when there is a crowd on a lot and everyone does a rapid motion and reset.

Message 6 of 26 (2,307 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

I think I've seen this behaviour in the game since before the patch update.

What I think happens is that the house is just on the threshold between clean and dusty. When the maid/butler stars vacuuming up a dustpile, then it tips the floor's dust level to clean, which causes all dust piles and bunnies to vanish instantly. This interrupts the maid vacuuming the pile when it disappears and they kinda do a reset animation.

Then, a second later, the house becomes dusty again because a couple of sim minutes pass and the threshold between clean and dusty is reached again (because they didn't really get a chance to do a full vacuum cycle and push the dust level back enough). New piles and bunnies spawn, and then the maid does the same thing, cleaning a pile, which instantly disappears and they reset.

And then that same thing happens in a forever loop.

When I saw that happening, I built into my vacuum fix mod a workaround for this, where instead of vacuuming a dust pile direct, a maid will go near it and then initiate a full uninterruptible vacuum cycle on a patch of floor instead of an object that will vanish.

Message 7 of 26 (2,257 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@simvasion Yeah I have done that too, removing the dust pile before she get to it, but they need to fix it, because I wont spend my time looking at this to make sure the maid does the job entirely. Also, can we talk about the little evil dust bunnies, cant remember their name, but when you have an atic non reachable, then dust accumulate, which is fine with me, but then those evil dust bunnies appear and create fire into the roof which block our sims to wait until the fire goes off. They really should implement a switch on and off for dust bunnies or make sure they appears only on reachable rooms. In the end, I teleported my sims to extinguish the fire on the roof, but we really need some fix there.
Message 8 of 26 (2,231 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I only tested that in the Roswell Manor, it also seems now, after many days that the maid come to the lot, even though there are 3 levels full of dust, she will go away, saying there is nothing to work on, dismiss leaving the manor full of dust. Could it be because her vaccum is full and sims dont autonomously remove dust from it?
Message 9 of 26 (2,135 Views)

Hero
@Francoisf30 If you add her to your household for testing purposes, does she have an actual vacuum in her inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (2,120 Views)