Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] Clean house inspired moodlet overpowers others needed for tasks

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything EXCEPT the Star Wars Pack, Nifty Knitting/Moschino Stuff Packs and the Country Kitchen/Throwback Fit kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim with Computer Whiz Aspiration and attempt to do the focused gaming for 2 hours straight in a clean house.
What happens when the bug occurs? The moodlet for the dust kit is overriding the focused moodlet that is needed, making it impossible for the sim to complete the requirement to move onto the next stage of the aspiration.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Focused moodlet to take priority and the clean moodlet to be reallocated to the end of the stack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Dust kit.

Applies to pretty much all moodlets honestly, the moodlets attached to the dust kit override everything else. It's pretty annoying.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 20 (2,254 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dust Kit is preventing sim from completing Computer Whiz Aspiration Goal

Hero

The Clean Surroundings Moodlet’s power was way over 9000! So it was really hard to have Sims go through other Moods, so to speak. While cleaning can be… a choice, we needed to balance things around here.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (1,858 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@CalCrazy Can you add some focus deco to make that moodlet more powerful ? Not sure but how much + does the dust one give ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (2,215 Views)

★★★★ Guide

the clean house moodlet overrides all others and it never goes away you can do like I did and upload your sim to the gallery and turn off the dust in game and start a new save because even if you turn it off in game now the moodlet

wont go away it needs to be toned down bad

Message 3 of 20 (2,200 Views)

★★★ Guide

Agreed, the buff on the inspired moodlet overpowers everything and makes achievements impossible that require a different mood.

Message 4 of 20 (2,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey Crin!

So when the house is clean, it gives a +2 inspired moodlet. I don't have any focused decor that I can see, and what I found online mentioned items that were given as rewards when 4 came out to those who had certain expansions of sims 3 registered on origin (the plumbom lanterns more specifically). I had all sims 3 expansions, but they are hard disks so I didn't get those.

I did find out that if you let the house get dusty (like stage 1 dust where you see the first dust bunny), it changes to a +1 happiness moodlet, and the focus one can override that.

While I'm glad I was able to find a workaround, the fact remains that I shouldn't HAVE to.

On a side note, I wanted to mention that I also discovered last night that if a sim has a vaccuum in their inventory, they will stop doing anything you ask them to do (like bathe, workout, etc) and constantly keep cleaning the floors even after they are clean. So you have to clean the floor, then remove it out of their inventory. Another thing I found is that the little roomba-like machines won't work on upstairs rooms. My sim is in one of the original upper class houses and it just stalls no matter where I place it. Even on my other file where the sim is in a single level home, it will work and then just give a little "can't move" explanation symbol and then just sit there and do nothing even if you tell it to go back to its dock. You have to go into build mode and manually move it back.

The kit overall is just very wonky.

Message 5 of 20 (2,182 Views)

Hero
@CalCrazy There's threads for that here
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BDK-Wont-stop-Vacuuming/td-p/10125109
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CD-Robot-Vacuum-will-not-dock/td-p/10139239
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Robot-Vacuum-getting-stuck-cleaning/td-p/8187558

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (2,172 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So here is the workaround for anyone who is having this issue. Let the house get to the first dusty stage (where the dust bunny appears) and the moodlet should change from a +2 inspiration to a +1 happiness. At that point you should be able to use a computer or chess set to get into the focused mood and it will override the happiness one. I'm assuming this will work for other mood-based aspiration goals as well. And if you are having other issues, Crin was kind enough to leave links to related threads. Hope this helps ♥
Message 7 of 20 (2,136 Views)

Hero
@CalCrazy The main issue here is actually that the kit moodlet is overpowering the others, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (2,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yep, the +2 inspiration overrides most other moodlets unless it's a +3 or higher from what I can see, and can be pushed back only when the house gets dusty and the moodlet changes to a +1 happiness. There are some exceptions that I've been able to find as I continue to play my file, namely if you overclock your computer and have the tech lifestyle it will push you into a very focused mood which will override the inspiration (the overclock moodlet that triggers it lasts 8 hours) and if you vacuum it will give you a very focused moodlet for a VERY brief moment but not long enough to be able to do mood-based aspiration activities.

Message 9 of 20 (2,055 Views)

Hero
@CalCrazy I adjusted the title a bit so this is more generic as it seems an issue for lots of things not just the computer aspiration.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (2,029 Views)