Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] Bunnies and filth fiends are too frequent

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bust the Dust and Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing for a long period of time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dust bunnies and filth friends appear too quickly 3-6 times each day in a 2 sim household.
What do you expect to see? Dust bunnies and filth friends appear right when my sim is cleaning and it makes it impossible to clean everything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since I started playing with bust the dust

Not sure if the frequency is a bug or just bad tuning but it makes the feature annoying and hard to play with. DISABLING THE SYSTEM IS NOT A SOLUTION. I BOUGHT THE KIT TO PLAY WITH THE FEATURE NOT FOR IT TO BECOME THE MAIN OBJECTIVE IN MY SIMS' LIVES.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 61 (12,830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: [OPEN] [BDK] Bunnies and filth fiends are too frequent

Hero

We retrained our adorable yet filthy Dust Bunnies to not appear quite so often. We also made some tweaks to the dust situation and we hope now that it doesn’t accumulate as frequently as it has. What’s your favorite name for your Dust Bunny? Mine is Furthur! (Italian Simmers… hope you know what I’m talking about).

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 61 of 61 (6,604 Views)

All Replies

Re: Bust The dust. bunnies and filth friends are too frequent.

★★★★★ Guide
@MDSimss I don't know what to say about it. On the one hand it's really nice and I like the effects used to show how dusty a place is... But yeah it's very frequent like 2/3 times a day it seems like it.
Message 2 of 61 (12,750 Views)

Re: [BDK] Bunnies and filth friends are too frequent

★★★ Novice
@MDSimss I have the exact same issue as above. I also wish there was the option to turn off just dust bunnies - they take away from the realism of vacuuming for me and the noises of them continually popping up gets very annoying after a while.
Message 3 of 61 (12,669 Views)

★★ Guide

The dust system is a bit too extensive. Not just the amount of dust bunnies but the dust itself, too. I played approximately 36 sim hours with one family (parents and triplets —> 5 sims). When I started the house was pristine. After just 2 sim hours it was dirty and full of dust, 3 dust bunnies. I vacuumed the whole house and it stayed clean only for a few hours. Then I had to vacuum it again. The next day I had to vacuum it 3-4 times to keep it pristine. I wish they could tone the system down a bit, so that you would only need to vacuum maybe every 2-3 sim days, not all the time, because my sims need to take care of their other things too. 😊

Message 4 of 61 (12,639 Views)

★★ Novice
@MDSimss Also having the exact same issue. I liked the idea of this pack but my sims are stopping what they're doing every hour to vacuum!
Message 5 of 61 (12,594 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Bunnies and filth friends are too frequent

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree. The dust is wayyyyy too frequent. I have a household of two (1 adult, 1 toddler). After two Sims days a fire started. 6 fires in ONE DAY because of the dust. Lost 40000$ of furnitures (especially wall hangings that disappears without a "replace" option). My family lost an entire lifetime of savings just because they didn't clean the floor for two days AND I spent an hour to replace the wall hangings (with moneycheats, of course) ?

This is unplayable.

It should be 4-5 times less frequent to be playable. We can't clean the entire house 3 times a day. We whould do it once or twice a week, no more, especially for such a small family.

Message 6 of 61 (12,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

You guys most likely have a bug, because I see the state of the house having (one adult, two toddlers and one cat) becoming dusty during one sim day, which is normal. Everyday you would have one more level and bunny. But, this is a gameplay feature to bring some challenge to the game and therefor should not be easy, especially since everyone can clean/vaccum the house, and to me it seems to be tone properly, thats why I supposed you guys are having a bug? But really I dont wish to have to wait 3 days to get just one more level of dust, because I want to use the kit as duty chore as it was meant to be. I dont want end up vaccuming only once or twice in a week, that would be boring and pointless.

That being said, before buying this kit, you should have watch the livestream where they clearly explain that more sims you had, more dirty it would become, and quickly so... this was your call, if it happens not being a bug.

I dont think that having a household getting dusty once every 3 days would be thrilling to play... The sims need difficulties and even with one adult, 2 toddlers and a cat, I can manage to make the house clean everyday...

Message 7 of 61 (12,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I spend all my time in a one bedroom house vacuuming or throwing dust away.  I had to hire a maid and it is still dirty.  It is awful.  I am playing on a PS4... 

Message 8 of 61 (12,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Francoisf30I don't know how you can make the house clean everyday unless your Sims only eat, sleep, go to work, and clean...

My Sim is a single mom and has a busy life, she goes out with friends very often, she dates others Sims, she gardens a lot because she's a spellcaster and needs ingredients for potions, she also goes out to find ingredients in different neighborhoods, AND she has a maid that comes everyday (but the house is still dirty 80% of the time). I'm sorry but if your Sims are busy, you CAN'T clean everyday. I'm ok to have something challenging (that's why I have the kit), but Sims days are short, the cleaning animations take a long time, and Sims have millions things to do in game, so... yeah.... challenging but playable should be nice to me.

So maybe we have a bug, I don't know I don't care, I just want my game to be playable. If you want to vacuum everyday, sure, you can use the lot trait to make your house dirty quickly.

Another solution could be to choose between 2 ou 3 difficulty levels. In Paranormal we can have the "basic" haunted house, or we can choose to make it harder with an object. What if we have something similar, like "easy", "average", and "hardcore" with an objet or directly in the game options ?

Message 9 of 61 (12,458 Views)

★ Guide
@MDSimss " DISABLING THE SYSTEM IS NOT A SOLUTION. I BOUGHT THE KIT TO PLAY WITH THE FEATURE."

Like what realism players did to the vampire pack? So many features we paid for were stripped & tuned to nothing in that pack because people bought vampires and complained there's vampires in it.
Message 10 of 61 (12,407 Views)