Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Autonomously fighting loved ones

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City Living, Get Together, Parenthood and Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims (perhaps with hotheaded/insane trait) will autonomously fight other Sims randomly (but often!). Bug should be found by letting Sim interact with others with free will on.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will autonomously fight Sims even when he has a very high relationship with them and has no negative moodlets whatsoever.
What do you expect to see? It's okay for Sims (esp. with hotheaded/insane trait) to be a little more aggressive, but they should not fight really good friends/loved ones when they're in a good mood and have no reason to fight them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if this bug is already reported but I couldn't find it and have seen several people complain about it on the forums so here goes: 

There is an issue where Sims autonomously fight (as in really fight!) other Sims even when their relationship with said Sim is very high. My Sim autonomously fights other Sims VERY often; he'll fight friends, romantic interests, strangers, vampires, everyone. Often when this happens, he has no negative moodlets whatsoever so this can't be the reason. I should note that this Sim is hotheaded, insane, argumentative, irresponsible, and has uncontrolled emotions so he shouldn't be the easiest Sim to play. However, it goes a bit too far to me that he should fight loved ones when he is actually in a really good mood; makes no sense whatsoever. I have Parenthood installed, and some people on the forums suggested it might be related to this game pack. I don't have any mods or CC in my game.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 4 of 53 (9,873 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Random fighting sims for no reason

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello All,

We still have not been able to reproduce this issue on our end.

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 52 of 53 (1,470 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] [V] Autonomous vampiric duel -75% relationship loss

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, get together, get to work Parenthood, vampires, Dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat Bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household of vampires, mostly related with each other, wait until they start autonomous duels.
What happens when the bug occurs? Relationship levels drop from true friends to acquaintances or worse. Since parenthood it shows "conflct resolved" after the fight yet a full green relationship bar goes down to 25% relationship level.
What do you expect to see? I expect a duel without a loss of relationship or at least not a 75% loss of relationship.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Having a family of vampires and this makes it a must have to install MCCC to counter the insane relationship loss. I dont see why vampires with good or great relationships duel all the time. They should spar anyway. This should be something for vampires with negative relationships.

Message 1 of 53 (9,813 Views)

Re: Autonomous vampiric duel -75% relationship loss

★★★ Apprentice

In my case, it's just one Sim who starts fighting with his good friends. The fighter is a vampire and was created as one, however, I believe this problem is not entirely connected to vampiresim since he was fighting with his brother-in-law (a good friend of his) even before the latter one became a vampire.

Message 2 of 53 (9,800 Views)

Re: Autonomous vampiric duel -75% relationship loss

★★★ Apprentice

Also, my fighter has hot headed trait, but he usually has no negative moodlet when fighting occurs.

Message 3 of 53 (9,715 Views)

Re: Autonomously fighting loved ones

Hero

Is this in Windenburg or another town ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 53 (9,808 Views)

★ Guide

No, I'm pretty sure it's in every town. So far it's happened in both San Myshuno and Forgotten Hollow as those are the towns my Sim can be found in most often.

Message 6 of 53 (9,799 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this issue as well with a sim. She is a hot-headed vampire (that has no negative weaknesses like hissing - worst weakness she has is sun phobia, which doesn't bother her because she also has never tense); she has earned all 5 positive traits (responsible, manners, sensitive, emotional control, mediator). She can be in the best mood possible with no negative moodlets whatsoever and suddenly fights someone. It doesn't really matter who it is. It will take a really high relationship and tank it instantly. I've yet to see any other sims in this save (or anywhere? haven't explored too much regarding) show such behavior. A guess is it's something to do with hotheaded and the parenthood pack? IDK It's sometimes good for the story line, but a very frustrating glitch.

Message 7 of 53 (9,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It is normal for a Vampire to spar(fight) with another Vampire autonomously. (with a sufficiently high skill level)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 53 (9,764 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If it was a spar, yeah, that would be pretty normal. This says "fight" in the interaction queue and behaves like a vampiric duel (found in the mean category). And, the sim she picks a fight with is not always a vampire. Anyway, the part that becomes frustrating is the relationship loss and the sim inflicted acts like it has the insane or mean trait (sim acting mean for seemingly no reason then acting nice the very next interaction). It's kind of kooky with those traits, but this isn't really. IDK if I'm explaining it well at the moment, just trying to help nail down what's going on a bit (perhaps badly).

Message 9 of 53 (9,753 Views)

Hero

I'll add this 

@Fierande

are they Vampires for you as well or all hot-headed Sims ?

Windenburg is a bit special as it has these 'brawls' that happen all the time so you have more fights that's why I ask.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 53 (9,741 Views)