Re: Autonomously fighting loved ones

by bookmaster325

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

Sent you my save via Box. Hope it helps! (if you don't get, I'll resend via a message--was trying to be quick because literally just saw this and feel bad for not answering sooner!)

Message 21 of 53 (2,842 Views)

Hero

Are you guys still seeing this after the patch ?

@bookmaster325 @Fierande @Zasz_Zerg @ShadoeLandman

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 53 (2,770 Views)

★★★★ Guide
My bad, Crin, only just now seeing this. I've not tested this since the latest patch. I'll try to fit in the time during holiday break.
Message 23 of 53 (2,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I think your suppose to have Autonomously fighting with parent hood it says so in the game play trailer and shows  it https://youtu.be/2lfeLagBUME @crinrict @SimGuruNick

Message 24 of 53 (2,682 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Feuding siblings is one thing. But, this 'glitch' happened at random with a sim and anyone in the vicinity (and in my case, the sim had earned all 5 positive traits - lol).
Message 25 of 53 (2,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

are you still seeing it and have you used mods  or cc with the save sometimes just turning off mods doesn't help

so if you have any you will need to remove them and also may have to start a new save with a new sim

because sometimes removing mods and cc does not help @bookmaster325

Message 26 of 53 (2,597 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I almost thought the bug was gone, but unfortunately no, the fighting still occurs in my game.

Message 27 of 53 (2,528 Views)

Hero
Hi @MadameNightOwl

would you be willing to share your saves with QA as per instructions on page 2 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 53 (2,516 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've finally sent my save to @SimGuruNick, I hope it will help.

Message 29 of 53 (2,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm tagging @SimGuruNick again, even though I mentioned the things below in my private message before, but I'd like to add something more to my thought after testing, and share with others here.

All right, I think I know what's the deal with that fighting. Maybe I'm not 100% right, but I think I'm on the right track.

The problem are the Character Values, the Conflict Resolution to be exact. During Vampiric Spars and Vampiric Duels, a vampire loses some Conflict Resolution. It happens even for Young Adults or Adult Sims, even for those who was created as such. Both interactions are pretty quick way to gain some vampire points (and be honest, they look pretty awsome). But as the result of that, our vampires' Conflict Resolution decreases a little every time. It's easier with teens in the sense that we can control that on their Simology chart, but we can't with adults.

I've done some testing with a new family where nobody is a vampire. I used cheats to lower Conflict Resolution. At first I gave a father the value of -90 (so he was in the range to get Argumentative Trait). It took some time but he started a fight with his teenage daughter on his own. Then I started over and I gave a mother the value of -75 (so she was low, but not in the range). She started a fight with her husband. I wasn't really controlling them during testing, definitely not when fighting occured. They all had almost max positive relationships, and no negative moodlets. Most of people with this problem have a vampire with hot-headed trait (or insane), but my tested mother was Materialistic, Clumsy and Good. So I believe that since hot-headed trait lowers Conflict Resolution by default, those Sims get to a negative-fighting-level quicker and it's easier to be noticed (I'm not sure about insane, but I assume it's the same).

To sum up, the main problem here is that Sims with low Conflict Resolution don't control their argumentativeness at all. I get that it should be unpredictable, but at the same time I believe they should not fist fight with their loved ones. They could argue, but not fight. Or at least not when they don't even have any negative moodlets. The additional problem is that adult Sims are gaining any Character Values while we can't control that (we can't see it in their Simology). 

I hope my observation will be helpful, and that something can be done with these issues.

Message 30 of 53 (2,414 Views)