Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Auto-solving hygiene need causes Clean Objects instead

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out GP, Perfect Patio SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Movie Hangout SP, Backyard SP, Fitness SP, Laundry Day SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a dirty surface in the house. click auto-solve for a Sim's Hygiene.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will clean the dirty object instead.
What do you expect to see? Sim taking care of their Hygiene, as auto-solve is for personal needs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

not sure if this started after the latest patch or i'm only noticing it now. this last Sim it happened to is Neat, however auto-solve should still mean 'take care of your needs' and not those of an object. i suppose it could have to do with the trait, though?

the dirty surface itself (a counter) wasn't even giving a negative moodlet since he was in another room. but clicking auto-solve on Hygiene prompted him to walk up and clean it. a second click did send him to the shower.

(i did see "auto-solving Hygiene causes Sims to get a drink" but didn't post there as didn't seem like a collection post.)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 21 (5,111 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Auto-solving hygiene need causes Clean Objects instead

Hero

Did you know that your Sims can take care of a Need on their own if you click on the Need in the Needs panel? Give it a whirl! Sims with the Neat Trait now clean themselves when you click on "Hygiene" instead of cleaning their home.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61 If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (2,784 Views)

All Replies

Re: auto-solving Hygiene causes Sims to clean dirty objects

★ Guide
@unseenlarks The post "Auto-solving Hygiene causes Sims to get a drink" was by me and I noticed another bug with this: Auto-solving hygiene also causes sims to go to the talking toilet (if there is one on your lot) and perform the interaction "Use and Sanitize" on it (there is a shower in the same room though).

I think that we can create a collection post for this because there are multiple issue with this.
Message 2 of 21 (5,031 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Auto-solving energy need causes Clean Objects instead

★★ Expert

@crinrict--the post title was accurate. it's auto-solving Hygiene that's causing the issue, not Energy.

Message 3 of 21 (5,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@unseenlarks Sorry, too much c/p. Wanted it to have the same format as the other auto-solving issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (5,007 Views)

★★ Expert

gotcha. Standard smile thank you.

Message 5 of 21 (4,995 Views)

Auto Solving Hygiene Performs Cleaning Actions

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28/ 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? expansion and game packs all, stuff packs - lastest are unavailable
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Press Auto solve Hygiene
What happens when the bug occurs? When you press Auto Solve hygiene option, the sim will either go to "CLEAN SINK", "POLISH TO PERFECTION TODDLER CHAIR" and rarely will go to shower in actual shower.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to solve their hygiene meter, by going to shower, simply pressing the auto solve button should queue sim action to go to available shower. Now it does uncessary things, like go clean sink, go clean toddler chair etc. How is this related to Hygiene meter? Simply remove any other action like mentioned previous and "GO SWIMMING" action. Pressing auto solve Hygiene meter button should solve Hygiene
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed latest patch

previous issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Auto-solving-Hygiene-Need-causes-sims-to-get-a-drink/td-...

Now it does additional things and also go to swim, expect queue drink action. It should only go to bath or shower.

Message 6 of 21 (4,798 Views)

Re: Auto Solving Hygiene Performs Cleaning Actions

★★ Guide

I'm seeing this in my game too. My Neat sims will clean things such as  the microwave or seance table when I click auto-solve for their hygiene.

Message 7 of 21 (4,775 Views)

Hero
@N3verShiningSun Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Please make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (4,756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict thanks. I would also like to mention that, I dont know how EA imagines hygiene solving, but when they also queue Swimming action when pressing hygiene solving button is not OK. This should be removed too, only showers/baths should be used.
Message 9 of 21 (4,715 Views)

Hero
@N3verShiningSun Other than the back float ? There's a thread here for backfloat: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Auto-solving-energy-need-causes-Back-Float-instead/td-p/8... but that might be a design choice.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (4,690 Views)