Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Auto-solving Hygiene Need causes sims to get a drink

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Island Living and University and all game packs except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who wants to take a shower.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on the hygiene need to be auto-solved, the sim gets a drink instead.
What do you expect to see? Auto-solving the hygiene need should prompt the sim to take a shower.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Auto-solving hygiene need causes sims to grab a drink instead.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 23 (7,571 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Auto-solving Hygiene Need causes sims to get a drink

Hero

Auto Solving for Hygiene should no longer queue a drink in the interaction queue. OK.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (4,294 Views)

All Replies

Re: Auto-solving Hygiene Need causes sims to get a drink

Hero
@Zack4358 Is this for a normal Sim or any kind of occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (7,453 Views)

Re: Auto-solving Hygiene Need causes sims to get a drink

★ Guide

It happened for a normal sim.

Message 3 of 23 (7,447 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Auto-solving Hygiene Need causes sims to get a drink

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

My Sim had juice in his inventory.  When I clicked to auto-solve for the shower, he took the juice out and drank it.  The Sim is not a mermaid.  There is a shower on the lot and it is not occupied.   If there is no drink in the Sim's inventory, they take a shower as normal.

Message 4 of 23 (7,250 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just did a little testing on this. My Sim did not have a drink in her inventory and she tried to take a shower when I clicked the autosolve for Hygiene. I had her get milk from the refrigerator Quick Meals menu, then cancelled so she put it down on a table. Clicked the Hygiene autosolve again and this time she wanted to drink the milk. Cancelled that and put the milk in her personal inventory. Clicked the Hygiene autosolve and she wants to drink the milk. Cancelled again and put the milk in the refrigerator. When I clicked the Hygiene autosolve she decided to take a shower.

It appears that she will try to Drink if there's a drink in her personal inventory or on the lot, but not when the drink is in the refrigerator. She will Take Shower if there is no drink available.

My Sim is a spellcaster, at the Virtuoso level with one extra perk.

Message 5 of 23 (7,223 Views)

Hero
Wonder if it's related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-Autonomously-Drink-in-Tub-Pool-Hot-Tub/td-p/8...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (7,205 Views)

★★★ Pro

I haven't checked the code yet.  I believe it is probably because of the new mermaid life state added to the game.  The mermaid can refuel hygiene by getting a drink of water.  They probably didn't do a check to see if the Sim is a mermaid or not when adding the code.

Message 7 of 23 (7,192 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem also. I have never had mods or CC installed, and I don't own the pack with the mermaids. This is happening for regular Sims (as in, no vampires/occult/aliens/etc.) with different traits, and of different genders. Trying to auto-solve hygiene will queue up an action to drink water. My sims do not have drinks in their inventories, and there are four showers and one bathtub on the lot. This only started happening after the most recent patch, and I have tried clearing my cache and repairing my game already.

Message 8 of 23 (7,164 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

YEESSS, THIS IS STILL GOING ON.

Clicking on the Hygiene icon to auto-solve the need leads to sim going to grab a drink or go SWIMMING in the pool.

This is still actual and frustrating.

When is this going to be solved? Its experienced for more than a half year - really frustrating.

----

Off-topic but related: pressing on Energy bar to auto solve it makes it go to random bed or place where they can nap -  I wish ths would make them go SLEEP into their assigned bed. 

Message 9 of 23 (6,984 Views)

Hero
@N3verShiningSun At night too ? It's usually related to the time of day and has been like that since the game came out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (6,973 Views)