[OPEN] Auto-Lights not working

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Auto-lights not working

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: snowy escape, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, and get to work Game packs: journey to batuu, realm of magic, parenthood, vampires; spa day, and outdoor retreat Stuff packs: tiny living, laundry day, toddler, cool kitchen, and luxury party Free stuff: holiday celebration pack and grim’s ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send sim to go sleep.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets in to bed to sleep and lights that are set to auto light are not turning off
What do you expect to see? Lights to auto turn off when sim goes to sleep.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It is now 2021 and this issue has not been resolved during patches. Another problem I’m having is my sim won’t go through a door that isn’t even locked. I have to replace the door, which is something I shouldn’t have to do if this was fixed. A third issue is the kitchen sink being ignored to wash dishes. The last one I’ve had to remove everything above the sink for the sim to wash dishes but I shouldn’t even have to do that! Nor does the dishwasher work right half the time. These problems happen in different households. I’m very upset that these issues have not been fixed in a patch. These issues have been going on for at least 2 years.

Message 31 of 42 (2,259 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Auto-Lights not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Phantomlover1717Sometines lights stay on when sons leave or all are sleeping on Xbox. My auto lights are now stuck in permanent on/off mode.

Message 32 of 42 (2,184 Views)

Hero
@TheBl4ckSh33p Well, if they don't work at all, I can see why auto-lights also wouldn't work. :D

Just trying to keep separate for those that ONLY have the auto-light issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 42 (2,179 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italian
How often does the bug occur? Everytime (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion, All Game Packs except DHD, All Stuff Packs, only Country Kitchen Kit.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send sim to go sleep in Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets in to bed to sleep and lights that are set to auto light are not turning off. (The lamps are Cascade Pendant Light Trio)
What do you expect to see? Lights to auto turn off when sim goes to sleep.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? A couple of cc hair.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?  I have it since I installed Island Living

Message 34 of 42 (2,159 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Auto-Lights not working

★ Guide

I see this is about a specific light bulb but I find that this issue happens to me too with other light bulbs. I do happen to have the lightbulb on the lot but I find that sometimes the autolights just stay on even when no one is in the room. Reloading the lot usually resolves this but it eventually comes back

Message 35 of 42 (2,095 Views)

Lights on auto don’t work

★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.6.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry day stuff Paranormal stuff pack Vintage glamour stuff Jungle adventure Realm of magic Cats and dogs My first pet stuff Outdoor retreat Spooky stuff Toddler stuff Done out Discover university Gnome on the go digital content Vampires Parenthood City living Bust the dust kit Get to work Cottage living Seasons Cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Lights will not auto turn on or off and neither will candles since cottage update
What do you expect to see? Exactly what I said above
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage living was added

Lights don’t turn on when on auto 

Message 36 of 42 (2,093 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Auto-Lights not working

★★★ Newbie

Also having the same issue. I have all of the packs and kits installed, and have removed all CC and mods. Repaired game, updated game, etc.

Message 37 of 42 (1,879 Views)

Re: Auto-lights not working in some rooms?

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue! no mods installed. It also happens randomly, definitely started happening after one of the last 4 updates we've had so far, because i have never encountered this issue before. I have cleared the cache on my game as well, I'm sure that matters.

Message 38 of 42 (1,706 Views)

Hero
@danielaaaaaaSim I moved your post to the bug report for this.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 42 (1,629 Views)

★ Guide

This happens occasionally to me and usually if I go in and delete the affected lights and replace with new ones it fixes the problem. however today it occurred in a room and I have removed the lights and replace them several times and still they will not turn off when my Sim leaves the room.  I’m on Xbox.

It’s not all rooms of the house just the living room.

Message 40 of 42 (525 Views)